Remington Club Health Center is located in the large metropolitan area of San Diego, California which has a population of 1,241,364 people. Sporting an overall score of A+, this facility is among the highest-graded nursing homes we assessed. In spite of San Diego offering 19 nursing homes available, this facility stands out as a superb option. This also is a very consistent facility with consistent grades in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Remington Club Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Aug 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
16915 Hierba Drive,
San Diego CA 92128
34.06% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Remington Club Health Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received an A+. Few facilities fared better in this area. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 7.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This nursing home also earned an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the few places to receive multiple A+'s in our categories. This score is based on the place's recent inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Remington Club Health Center?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. There are a host of datapoints included in this area. Many of the subcategories relate to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of A-. This completed a very impressive report card. Not many nursing homes earned an A- or higher in every category. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Remington Club Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Remington Club Health Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Remington Club Health Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Remington Club Health Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents which sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Remington Club Health Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Remington Club Health Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Remington Club Health Center, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Remington Club Health Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Remington Club Health Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Remington Club Health Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Remington Club Health Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for San Diego, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? San Diego, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Pomerado HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.82 miles away15615 Pomerado Road Poway California 92064Government - Hospital District or Authority(858) 485-6511
- Palomar Health Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away555 East Valley Parkway Escondido California 92025Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 739-3000
- Scripps Memorial Hospital - EncinitasAcute Care Hospitals 12.41 miles away354 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas California 92024Voluntary non-profit - Private(760) 753-6501
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La JollaAcute Care Hospitals 12.65 miles away9888 Genesee Avenue La Jolla California 92037Physician(858) 626-4123
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 15.72 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.82 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Alvarado Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.83 miles away6655 Alvarado Road San Diego California 92120Proprietary(619) 229-3172
- Grossmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.1 miles away5555 Grossmont Center Drive Box 58 La Mesa California 91942Government - Hospital District or Authority(619) 465-0711
- Fmc-Rancho1.37 miles away11031 via Frontera, Suite C San Diego California 92127CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 385-0700
- Davita-Carmel Mountain Dialysis4.82 miles away9850 Carmel Mountain Road, a-D San Diego California 92129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 538-1083
- Home Dialysis Therapies of San Diego-North5.77 miles away10672 Wexford Street, Suite 250 San Diego California 92131Dialysis Stations: 1 (858) 549-3400
- Davita-Escondido Dialysis6.99 miles away203 E. Second Avenue Escondido California 92025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (760) 743-4401
- Davita-San Marcos Dialysis Center8.18 miles away2135 Montiel Road, Bldg. B San Marcos California 92069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 975-0170
- Fmc-La Jolla10.57 miles away4765 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 100 San Diego California 92130Dialysis Stations: 24 (858) 793-0058
- Sanderling Dialysis of Ramona10.77 miles away2102 Main Street Ramona California 92065Dialysis Stations: 12 (844) 375-7365
- Davita-Encinitas Dialysis12.39 miles away332 Santa Fe Drive, Suite 100 Encinitas California 92024CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (760) 632-2323