Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas is located in Dallas, Texas, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. Based on our analysis, this place likely isn't a fit for anyone. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was nursing, which is addressed in the next section.
Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Neither this facility's overall score nor its category grades gave us much to write home about. Its best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a subpar grade. Nursing scores are largely based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
We wanted to point out that this facility received an F for its inspection grade. An F in this category is particularly troublesome because it usually points to red flags on the nursing home's government inspection reports. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection score. We suggest you scrutinize the level of severity of the deficiencies. This particular facility was assessed a category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more serious deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies uncovered by CMS had the potential to create actual harm to residents. Finally, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received large government fines amounting to more than $100,000. This usually suggests that a facility'spoor track record has been an issue for more than one year.
Does this page answer your questions about Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed was short-term care, where this facility received an F. Short-term care ratings are meaningful for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.7 percent of its patients returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care, where this facility was given a poor grade here also. It received a lowly F for this category, which is definitely somewhat alarming. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means the facility didn't perform well in our measures relating to resident care. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated a relatively low 90.32258 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 94.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Remarkable Healthcare of Dallas, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Childrens Medical Ctr of DallasChildrens 7.09 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-7000
- Parkland Health and Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away5200 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Government - Hospital District or Authority(214) 590-8000
- Methodist Charlton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away3500 W Wheatland Road Dallas Texas 75237Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 947-7777
- Crescent Medical Center LancasterAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away2600 West Pleasant Run Road Lancaster Texas 75146Physician(972) 230-8888
- Fresenius Medical Care Kiest Station2.37 miles away5148 South Lancaster, Suite B Dallas Texas 75241CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 371-2618
- Oak Cliff Dialysis3.01 miles away2000 South Llewellyn Dallas Texas 75224Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 943-0011
- Bma Dallas South3.2 miles away1150 N Bishop Suite 200 Dallas Texas 75208CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 942-2900
- Ut Southwestern - Oakcliff Dialysis3.42 miles away608-610 Wynnewood Village Dallas Texas 75224CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 941-7807
- Lake Cliff Dialysis Center3.56 miles away805 N. Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 942-7727
- South Oak Cliff Dialysis Center3.75 miles away740 Wynnewood Shop Ctr Dallas Texas 75224CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (214) 943-7065
- Fmc South Dallas County4.17 miles away1111 W Ledbetter Drive Suite 800 Dallas Texas 75224CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (214) 371-2485
- Swiss Avenue Dialysis Center4.78 miles away2613 Swiss Ave Dallas Texas 75204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (214) 827-9854