Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood is one of 22 nursing homes in Atlanta, Georgia. Featuring an overall grade of D, this is a lower end nursing home. Atlanta received a city grade of B-, so there are other options in the city worth considering. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home highly overall, we want to draw your attention to its nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second highest category was long-term care, but it nevertheless earned just a D in that area. This still happens to be a well below average grade. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. One of the criteria we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.00662 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood?
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home a grade of just D for our short-term care rating. This is not a score to write home about. Short-term care grades are commonly used to assess a facility's rehabilitation services To offer quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics doomed this nursing home's short-term care grade.
Turning to our next category, this nursing home really didn't perform well in this area either. Due to a very poor grade of F in nursing, this is about as terrible as it gets. Nursing ratings are tied to nurse staffing levels. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care residents who have experienced falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who have experienced UTI's. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 5.28% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many would argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 93.36% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Atlanta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Atlanta, Georgia has 21 other nursing homes
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Southern Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.6 miles away11 Upper Riverdale Road, Sw Riverdale Georgia 30274Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 991-8160
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 9 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.55 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Trinity Dialysis Clinic1.42 miles away1354 Cleveland Avenue Atlanta Georgia 30344Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 763-0405
- South Fulton Dialysis1.47 miles away2685 Metropolitan Parkway Sw Suite F Atlanta Georgia 30315CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 761-2630
- East Point Dialysis1.47 miles away2669 Church Street Atlanta Georgia 30344CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (404) 765-1780
- Hapeville Dialysis Center2.78 miles away800 Virginia Ave Ste 100 Atlanta Georgia 30354Dialysis Stations: 18 (404) 762-9333
- Total Renal Care Inc3.43 miles away540 Central Avenue Atlanta Georgia 30312Dialysis Stations: 19 (404) 581-9314
- Emory Dialysis LLC3.82 miles away2841 Greenbriar Pkwy Sw Suite x126 Atlanta Georgia 30331CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (404) 778-1001
- South Fulton Dialysis Center4.03 miles away3268 Greenbriar Pkwy, Sw Atlanta Georgia 30331Dialysis Stations: 19 (404) 997-6700
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. - Camp Creek4.05 miles away3492 Washington Road Atlanta Georgia 30344Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 701-2713