Brethren Village is a nursing home located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, which has a population of 164,596 people. This turns out to be an A+ facility, which is the top grade we offer. We really can not say enough good things about this nursing home. If you look further down this page, you will see this nursing home's category scores, which look to be just as impressive as its overall score.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3001 Lititz Pike,
Lancaster PA 17606
55.49% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lancaster, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Lancaster, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great facility overall, it also earned A+ inspections recently. Its inspections are virtually perfect. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ for its short-term care score. Our short-term care scores are arguably more important for folks requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brethren Village?
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our nursing rating analyzes the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we looked at, this nursing home was awarded an impressive grade grade of A in our long-term care category. With this score, the nursing home finished off a straight A report card. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brethren Village Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brethren Village, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brethren Village, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Lancaster, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lancaster, Pennsylvania has 10 other nursing homes
- Upmc LititzAcute Care Hospitals 1.72 miles away1500 Highlands Drive Lititz Pennsylvania 17543Proprietary(717) 625-5670
- Lancaster General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.39 miles away555 North Duke Street Lancaster Pennsylvania 17604Voluntary non-profit - Other(717) 299-5511
- Wellspan Ephrata Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away169 Martin Avenue Ephrata Pennsylvania 17522Voluntary non-profit - Other(717) 733-0311
- Davita - Manheim Pike Dialysis2.79 miles away1650 Manheim Pike Lancaster Pennsylvania 17601CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (717) 519-6978
- Davita - Suburban Campus Dialysis4.14 miles away2100 Harrisburg Pike, Suite 390 Lancaster Pennsylvania 17604CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (717) 397-4019
- Physicians Dialysis of Lancaster, LLC4.85 miles away345 W. Main St., Suite 202 Leola Pennsylvania 17540Dialysis Stations: 13 (717) 556-0080
- Davita - Lancaster5.21 miles away1412 East King Street Lancaster Pennsylvania 17602CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (717) 392-1552
- Davita - Ephrata11.87 miles away67 West Church Street Stevens Pennsylvania 17578CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (717) 335-7399
- Davita - Quentin Circle Dialysis15.43 miles away966 Isabel Drive Lebanon Pennsylvania 17042Dialysis Stations: 8 (717) 273-1026
- Davita - Elizabethtown Dialysis16.34 miles away844 North Hanover Street Elizabethtown Pennsylvania 17022Dialysis Stations: 12 (717) 361-0151
- Lebanon County Dialysis16.58 miles away440 Oak Street Lebanon Pennsylvania 17042CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (717) 272-3050