Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa is a nursing home in Tampa, Florida which has a total of 717,255 people. This is a decent facility, with an overall grade of B-. The nursing homes in Tampa received quality grades across the board with a city grade of a B. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this nursing home's higher category scores came in the area of long-term care. This turned out to be its second most respectable category. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. Our long-term care scores are more critical for those needing more conventional services related to personal care. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.61465 percent of its residents, which is higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. In computing a facility's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses are with residents as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was short-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this category. In calculating our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that just 4 percent of this facility's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients who have experienced a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 94.94% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Tampa, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 17 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 3.07 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.52 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 7.28 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.64 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.97 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 16.98 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.12 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Tampa Bay Dialysis0.36 miles away2301 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Tampa Florida 33604Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 876-7023
- Central Tampa Dialysis0.42 miles away4204 N Macdill Ave South Bldg Tampa Florida 33607CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 871-3202
- Dsi - Tampa Central0.52 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100
- Greater Tampa at Home0.74 miles away4204 N. Mac Dill Ave North Bldg. Suite 1 Tampa Florida 33607Dialysis Stations: 4 (813) 872-8216
- Kennedy Boulevard Dialysis2.57 miles away2205 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33606Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 254-3638
- Fresenius Kidney Care South Tampa2.74 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Suite A Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 874-2700
- Bma - Tampa2.78 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 28 (813) 348-2922
- East Tampa Dialysis3.26 miles away1701 E 9th Avenue Tampa Florida 33605CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 247-1820