The Weils is in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. This city has a population of 33,867 people. Sporting an overall score of A-, this facility is one of the higher-graded facilities we assessed. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the country. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Chagrin Falls senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Chagrin Falls, Ohio Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Chagrin Falls, Ohio Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Chagrin Falls, Ohio Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. In calculating our short-term care grades, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is considered to be a meaningful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our nursing grade looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Ohio in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of turning a patient even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about The Weils?
We gave this nursing home an impressive grade of A- for inspections. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was nursing, ended up being this nursing home's worst category. We awarded this facility a D in that area. This was one of just a few weak links in a strong report card. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's personal care services. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted data regarding vaccinations. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Weils Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Weils, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Weils, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.82 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.92 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 15.23 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.23 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 15.8 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Fmc - Solon6.66 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall8.25 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.8.41 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.8.58 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis9.11 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.9.41 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Community Dialysis Center9.58 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Center for Dialysis Care at Heather Hill10.19 miles away12340 Basslake Road Chardon Ohio 44024Dialysis Stations: 12 (440) 286-4103