Rehab Pavilion at the Weils is a small nursing home in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. We can't find many bad things to say about this facility. Its scores are just impeccable. The best part of this facility's impressive report card was its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Rehab Pavilion at the Weils
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
16695 Chillicothe Road,
Chagrin Falls OH 44023
71.03% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall score, we awarded this facility an elite grade of A+ for its short-term care rating. Our short-term care ratings are vital for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. This facility excelled at the highest level in the two key staffing areas we assessed. In fact, it offered about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the typical facility. This is usually a very favorable sign. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who returned home from this facility. In addition to excelling in the area of physical therapy staffing, we found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in the nation with 61.9 percent of its patients returning home. Most facilities are below 50 percent in this statistic.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A. Nursing grades are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 6.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This was one of the higher figures we found. In addition, a significant portion of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. In addition to offering high levels of care, this facility also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed as well as any nursing home in the nation when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Rehab Pavilion at the Weils?
In addition, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. It earned one of our highest grades in that category with an A-. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's worst category was long-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D. We wanted to point out this possible weak link, but you should not dwell on one area either. In the area of long-term care, we weigh the quantity of care offered by a facility, rather than more medically-intensive services. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information on vaccination rates. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rehab Pavilion at the Weils Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rehab Pavilion at the Weils, 90.11% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rehab Pavilion at the Weils, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rehab Pavilion at the Weils, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.82 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.92 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 15.23 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.23 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 15.8 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Fmc - Solon6.66 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall8.25 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.8.41 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.8.58 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis9.11 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.9.41 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Community Dialysis Center9.58 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Center for Dialysis Care at Heather Hill10.19 miles away12340 Basslake Road Chardon Ohio 44024Dialysis Stations: 12 (440) 286-4103