Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh is located in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, a city with a population of 59,483 people. This nursing home turns out to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. You can definitely do worse than this place. The best part of this nursing home's report card is is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
890 Weatherwood Lane,
Greensburg PA 15601
83.66% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A- for our inspections rating. This is far better than its overall grade. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. Nursing ratings are largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its next best category score in the area of short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a B- in this category, which is a decent score. Our short-term care ratings are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was long-term care. We gave it a lowly F in this category, which is a bottom of the barrel grade. This is clearly a major disappointment. Nursing homes that don't fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility provided the vaccine to a relatively low 80 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who had a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh, 3.12% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh, 88.22% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Many argue that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rehab & Nursing Center Greater Pittsburgh, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Greensburg, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greensburg, Pennsylvania has 7 other nursing homes
- Excela Health Westmoreland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away532 West Pittsburgh Street Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 832-4000
- Excela Health Frick HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away508 South Church Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 547-1500
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.89 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 15.56 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 17.08 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Highlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.71 miles away401 East Murphy Avenue Connellsville Pennsylvania 15425Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 628-1500
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greensburg2.86 miles away1003 North Greengate Road Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 832-8061
- Dialysis Clinic Inc - Hempfield4.79 miles away6710 State Route 30 Jeannette Pennsylvania 15644Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 523-6386
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Latrobe7.3 miles away121 W. 2nd Avenue Latrobe Pennsylvania 15650CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (724) 537-2041
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid-Atlantic Inc.9.81 miles away4044 Route 130, Suite 100 Irwin Pennsylvania 15642Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 744-0713
- Dci of Mount Pleasant9.86 miles away20 East Main Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 547-6511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Murrysville10.15 miles away20 Wesco Lane Export Pennsylvania 15632Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 325-5445
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mount Pleasant11.62 miles away2000 Summit Ridge Plaza Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 17 (724) 542-7125
- Davita - Mckeesport West Dialysis14.1 miles away101 9th Street Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 672-3720