Regional One Health Subacute Care is just one of 20 nursing homes in Memphis, Tennessee. This is an A+ facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires excellent marks across the board. We were not surprised to discover that this proved to be radically superior to many of the facilities in Memphis. Scroll down to find this place's category ratings, which also impressed us. You just can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Regional One Health Subacute Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Memphis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Memphis, Tennessee Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Memphis, Tennessee Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Memphis, Tennessee Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection grades are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility performed remarkably in our short-term care category. We gave them a dominant grade of A+ in this area. With our short-term care grade, we seek to craft a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Regional One Health Subacute Care?
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing rating looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a resident even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last category, this nursing home also was awarded a very strong long-term care rating, with a grade of A. This completed an elite profile. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regional One Health Subacute Care Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regional One Health Subacute Care, 8.11% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regional One Health Subacute Care, 57.35% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 19 other nursing homes
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 0.12 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 0.78 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.74 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 17.49 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Memphis Central Dialysis0.51 miles away889 Dr. M. L. King Jr. Ave Memphis Tennessee 38126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (901) 525-1719
- Isd Renal Inc0.57 miles away1166 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 722-2012
- Satellite Healthcare of Poplar Avenue LLC0.82 miles away1333 Poplar Ave Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 725-0482
- Fmc Memphis1.02 miles away1428 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (901) 272-8683
- Isd Renal Inc1.07 miles away1331 Union Avenue, Ste. 101 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (901) 278-5400
- Lebonheur Childrens Hosp Dialysis1.84 miles away50 N Dunlap--Dialysis Unit 2nd Floor Memphis Tennessee 38103Dialysis Stations: 7 (901) 287-6133
- Davita Memphis Downtown2.26 miles away2076 Union Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (901) 725-1169
- Fmc Memphis Midtown2.55 miles away2225 Union Avenue Suite 200 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (901) 725-7586