Regional One Health Subacute Care is just one of 21 nursing homes in Memphis, Tennessee. This is an A+ facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires excellent marks across the board. We were not surprised to discover that this proved to be radically superior to many of the facilities in Memphis. Scroll down to find this place's category ratings, which also impressed us. You just can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Regional One Health Subacute Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Memphis, Tennessee Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Memphis, Tennessee Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Memphis, Tennessee Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection grades are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility performed remarkably in our short-term care category. We gave them a dominant grade of A+ in this area. With our short-term care grade, we seek to craft a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Regional One Health Subacute Care?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also performed well in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A. Not many nursing homes performed better in this area. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Switching gears to our final category, this facility also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. This completed truly elite report card. There are numerous data points within this grade. Many of the criteria are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning patients more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regional One Health Subacute Care Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regional One Health Subacute Care, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regional One Health Subacute Care, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 0.12 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 0.78 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.74 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 17.49 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Memphis Central Dialysis0.51 miles away889 Dr. M. L. King Jr. Ave Memphis Tennessee 38126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (901) 525-1719
- Isd Renal Inc0.57 miles away1166 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 722-2012
- Satellite Healthcare of Poplar Avenue LLC0.82 miles away1333 Poplar Ave Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 725-0482
- Fmc Memphis1.02 miles away1428 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (901) 272-8683
- Isd Renal Inc1.07 miles away1331 Union Avenue, Ste. 101 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (901) 278-5400
- Lebonheur Childrens Hosp Dialysis1.84 miles away50 N Dunlap--Dialysis Unit 2nd Floor Memphis Tennessee 38103Dialysis Stations: 7 (901) 287-6133
- Davita Memphis Downtown2.26 miles away2076 Union Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (901) 725-1169
- Fmc Memphis Midtown2.55 miles away2225 Union Avenue Suite 200 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (901) 725-7586