Regina Health Center is a facility located in Richfield, Ohio, a city with a population of 6,109 people. We awarded this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percent of all facilities in the country. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this facility. Its ratings are as good as they get. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar report card is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Regina Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility was given dominant marks in the area of long-term care. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with a score of A+. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Regina Health Center?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing ratings are largely tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, this facility was awarded a very strong short-term care score. We awarded it a B+ in that category, wrapping up one of our finer report cards. In our short-term care rating, we strive to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regina Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regina Health Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regina Health Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents who sustained falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regina Health Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regina Health Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regina Health Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regina Health Center, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regina Health Center, 90.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regina Health Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regina Health Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Regina Health Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regina Health Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regina Health Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regina Health Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.58 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.28 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.87 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 13.38 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.43 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.14 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.28 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Fmc - Brunswick Dialysis Center5.56 miles away2583-2585 Center Road Hinckley Ohio 44233Dialysis Stations: 19 (330) 220-4366
- Nxstage Cleveland, LLC7.07 miles away1418 Town Center Blvd a-30 Brunswick Ohio 44212Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 558-8744
- Davita - Kidney Center of Brunswick7.79 miles away3812 Center Road, Suite 101 Brunswick Ohio 44212Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 220-4502
- Davita Dialysis - Strongsville8.2 miles away17792 Pearl Rd. Strongsville Ohio 44136CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 238-9270
- Davita - Parma Dialysis8.44 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Davita Rockside Dialysis8.66 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis9.28 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis10.01 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645