Located in Irvine, California, Regents Point - Windcrest is the lone option we were able to find in the city. Featuring an overall grade of A+, this facility is among the best nursing homes we looked at. In fact, we ranked this nursing home number 257 in the country. This puts it in the top two percentile of all facilities. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Regents Point - Windcrest
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an A+ in this area. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is often a solid assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home fared very well in our long-term care rating. We gave them an exemplary score of A+ in this category. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Regents Point - Windcrest?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing category assesses several datapoints, most of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it received a grade of A. This topped off a straight A report card for this nursing home. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regents Point - Windcrest Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents that suffered from urinary tract infections. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' well-being.
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regents Point - Windcrest, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Memorialcare Saddleback Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away24451 Health Center Drive Laguna Hills California 92653Voluntary non-profit - Private(949) 837-4500
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Davita-Newport Irvine Dialysis2.69 miles away4300 Von Karman Newport Beach California 92660Dialysis Stations: 17 (949) 863-1382
- Fmc-Rai-Laguna Canyon-Irvine3.7 miles away16255 Laguna Canyon Road Irvine California 92618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (949) 727-4495
- Fmc-Newport Mesa Dialysis Services3.92 miles away1175 Baker Street, Suite B Costa Mesa California 92626CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (714) 641-5808
- Davita-Santa Ana Dialysis Center3.93 miles away1820 E. Deere Avenue Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (949) 251-1221
- Fmc-Santa Ana Dialysis5.16 miles away2740 S. Bristol Street, Suite 110 Santa Ana California 92704CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 754-1670
- Fmc-Newport Beach Dialysis5.35 miles away3333 W. Coast Highway, Suite 101 Newport Beach California 92663Dialysis Stations: 16 (949) 631-0107
- Fmc-Newport Superior Dialysis Center5.59 miles away510 Superior Avenue, Suite 150 Newport Beach California 92663CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (949) 574-4733
- Davita-Costa Mesa Dialysis6.34 miles away1590 Scenic Avenue Costa Mesa California 92626CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 540-9401