With an address in Spring, Texas, Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne is one of four facilities in the area. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. If you take a look at the other options in Spring, we suspect you will find this facility to be a better option than most nursing homes in the city. We were also pleased to find that this place didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Our inspection ratings are based on several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home really excelled in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of A. Very few facilities performed better in this area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best category is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a B-. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. It doesn't look like this facility provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
The last area we looked at was nursing. We gave this nursing home a solid grade in this area, with a grade of C. While this isn't as strong as many of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless not a poor grade. The nursing grade assesses a handful of components, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is significantly below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who have experienced falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who had a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regent Care Center of the Woodlands Limited Partne, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Spring, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Spring, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- St Lukes Lakeside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.49 miles away17400 St Lukes Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Other(936) 266-4055
- St Luke's the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away17200 St Luke's Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 266-4050
- Houston Methodist the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away17201 Interstate 45 South Conroe Texas 77385Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 270-2000
- Hca Houston Healthcare ConroeAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away504 Medical Center Blvd Conroe Texas 77304Proprietary(936) 539-1111
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 10.76 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- The Woodlands Dialysis Center3 miles away9301 Pinecroft Dr Suite 130 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 292-6788
- Cypress Creek Dialysis3.41 miles away9449 Grogans Mill Rd Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 15 (281) 363-1262
- Bio-Medical Application of Texas, Inc.3.49 miles away26865 Interstate 45 Ste 100 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 363-5031
- College Park Dialysis3.55 miles away17191 St Lukes Way Suite 100 Conroe Texas 77384CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (936) 273-3350
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.7.02 miles away3 Windcrest National Magnolia Texas 77354Dialysis Stations: 13 (936) 224-3103
- Fmc Spring Klein Dialysis Center, LLC7.08 miles away5230 Fm 2920 Rd. Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 350-1756
- Kadden Dialysis, LLC7.67 miles away2950 Fm 2920 Rd Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 907-6269
- River Park Dialysis7.95 miles away2010 South Loop 336 West Suite 200 Conroe Texas 77304Dialysis Stations: 12 (936) 760-3333