Regent Care Center of Kingwood is a large nursing home located in Kingwood, Texas. This facility received an alarming overall score based on the data we assessed. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Kingwood. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection score. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Regent Care Center of Kingwood
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received an impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with a grade of A-. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is generally best to avoid nursing homes that had too many severe deficiencies. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility just a D for our long-term care score and that actually ended up being its second most respectable category. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is typically a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the nursing home is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 93.03483 percent of its residents, which is slightly lower than we expected. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Regent Care Center of Kingwood?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this nursing home an F in the area of short-term care. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. With a grade of this caliber in this category, we were not shocked to learn this facility was below average in many staffing figures we assess. The facility supplied significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Switching gears to the fourth area, this nursing home did not perform well here either. With a very poor grade of F in nursing, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. Our nursing rating is largely associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular facility provided just 0 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This figure is far below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regent Care Center of Kingwood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 4.66% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 94.73% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regent Care Center of Kingwood, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital KingwoodAcute Care Hospitals 0.87 miles away300 Kingwood Medical Drive Kingwood Texas 77339Proprietary(281) 312-4000
- Humble Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away1475 Fm 1960 Bypass Road East Humble Texas 77338Physician(281) 964-2100
- Memorial Hermann Northeast HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away18951 Memorial North Humble Texas 77338Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 540-7700
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 11.45 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.49 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- Houston Methodist the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.65 miles away17201 Interstate 45 South Conroe Texas 77385Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 270-2000
- Usrc Kingwood Dialysis, Lp0.48 miles away24006 Highway 59 North Kingwood Texas 77339CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 312-5562
- Renal Treatment Centers Southeast Lp1.39 miles away22118 Market Place Dr Ste 100 New Caney Texas 77357CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 577-0006
- Green Oak Dialysis1.43 miles away1426 Kingwood Drive Kingwood Texas 77339Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 312-1301
- Deerbrook Dialysis3.73 miles away9660 Fm 1960 Bypass Humble Texas 77338CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 312-6362
- Fresenius Medical Care Kingwood, LLC3.95 miles away9767 Fm 1960 Bypass Rd W Humble Texas 77338Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 548-1250
- Humble Dialysis, Lp4.26 miles away19502 Mckay Dr. Suite 100 Humble Texas 77338CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (281) 540-4313
- Davita Atascocita Dialysis5.58 miles away5414 Fm 1960 Rd E Humble Texas 77346Dialysis Stations: 20 (832) 445-0020
- Fresenius Medical Care New Caney Dialysis Center, LLC5.92 miles away22310 Mccleskey Rd New Caney Texas 77357Dialysis Stations: 3 (281) 354-1494