Located in Hackensack, New Jersey, Regent Care Center is one of only two facilities there. This nursing home is an A+ rated facility, which is the best score we offer. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it as one of the top 500 nursing homes in the country. We also gave this nursing home impressive grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Regent Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
50 Polifly Road,
Hackensack NJ 07601
71.66% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong facility overall, this facility also excelled in our short-term care rating, where it received a grade of A+. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This nursing home provided more physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most facilities. This is what we like to find when assessing a nursing home in this category. The final item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that it performed as well as just about any facility in New Jersey in this area with 68.3 percent of its residents returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a top-shelf long-term care score. In fact, this is this facility's second best category score. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the senior population. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 1.63 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
Does this page answer your questions about Regent Care Center?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. We looked at the levels of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses worked with patients, in calculating our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 3.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is better than what is offered by most facilities. Lastly, this nursing home was also above average in each of the major quality-based metrics we looked at in this category. For example, it performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. These areas are generally reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Another impressive feature for this nursing home is its inspection rating. In that category, we gave this facility an A, wrapping up its straight A performance. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regent Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regent Care Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regent Care Center, 2.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regent Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regent Care Center, 10.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regent Care Center, 17.39% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regent Care Center, 5.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regent Care Center, 92.7% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regent Care Center, 11.08% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regent Care Center, 14.69% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
In Regent Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regent Care Center, 14.69 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regent Care Center, 8.11 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regent Care Center, 81.01% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Palisades Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away7600 River Rd North Bergen New Jersey 07047Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 854-5000
- Davita Hackensack1.23 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875
- Teterboro Dialysis1.26 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack1.4 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Fmc Bergen Rcc1.64 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home2.16 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC2.35 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus3.74 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Davita Renal Center of Englewood4.01 miles away300 Grand Avenue Suite 103 Englewood New Jersey 07631Dialysis Stations: 3 (201) 731-3149