Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab is one of only three facilities located in Hackensack, New Jersey. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the best grades we offer. As far as we can see, this nursing home is a wonderful choice for just about anybody. This place also received consistently good scores in all of our categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Hackensack senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Hackensack, New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Hackensack, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also would like to emphasize that this facility has received nearly flawless government inspections recently. We awarded them an A in this category. Our inspection scores weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its high-end profile, this facility also excelled in our long-term care area. In fact, we gave it a score of A- in that area. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 98.01762 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. In determining our nursing grades, we weigh both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final area, we awarded this facility a A for its short-term care rating. This finished off a first-rate report card. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 10.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 1.54% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 1.62% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Closer supervision can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 12.9% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 11.94% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 0% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 97.41% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 16.18% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 19.77% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 19.77% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 8.99% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab, 88.68% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Palisades Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away7600 River Rd North Bergen New Jersey 07047Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 854-5000
- Davita Hackensack1.23 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875
- Teterboro Dialysis1.26 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack1.4 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Fmc Bergen Rcc1.64 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home2.16 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC2.35 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus3.74 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Davita Renal Center of Englewood4.01 miles away300 Grand Avenue Suite 103 Englewood New Jersey 07631Dialysis Stations: 3 (201) 731-3149