Regency Village is a large government-owned nursing home in Webster, Texas. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score in this range requires some solid marks. As far as we can see, this facility would be a solid choice for quite a few people. The best part of this place's report card is its exemplary inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility really outperformed its overall grade in the area of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in this category with an A. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. Our nursing grade focuses on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of skill of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Regency Village?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area is its long-term care grade, where it was awarded a B-. In the area of long-term care, we look at the quantity of services offered by a facility, as opposed to more sophisticated services. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated 90.78341 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be quite a bit less than average. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest category was short-term care, which is the last area we analyzed. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this area. Despite multiple respectable grades in other categories, this score is still disappointing so we would like to to point it out. Our short-term care scores are probably most important for folks requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, this facility was subpar in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the measures we considered. Finally, we considered the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regency Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regency Village, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients which suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regency Village, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients which experienced a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regency Village, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that experienced a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regency Village, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regency Village, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regency Village, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regency Village, 94.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regency Village, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regency Village, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Regency Village, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regency Village, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regency Village, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regency Village, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Houston Physicians' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.51 miles away333 N Texas Avenue Webster Texas 77598Physician(281) 335-1700
- Hca Houston Healthcare Clear LakeAcute Care Hospitals 0.8 miles away500 Medical Center Blvd Webster Texas 77598Proprietary(281) 332-2511
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.36 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 9.94 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Hca Houston Healthcare PearlandAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away11100 Shadow Creek Parkway Pearland Texas 77584Proprietary(713) 770-7000
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 17.11 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Clear Lake Kidney Center0.42 miles away1550 Live Oak Webster Texas 77598CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 554-4900
- Luxury Dialycare, Pllc0.62 miles away600 N. Kobayashi Rd. Suite 108 Webster Texas 77598Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 525-6427
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.0.86 miles away400 W Medical Center Blvd Ste 125 Webster Texas 77598Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 332-0046
- Bay City Regional Dialysis Center0.86 miles away200 Medical Center Court, Suite 200 Bay City Texas 77414Dialysis Stations: 16 (979) 323-0818
- South Shore Annex Dialysis2.28 miles away16750 Highway 3 Webster Texas 77598Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 332-4719
- Davita - South Shore Dialysis Center3.46 miles away212 I-45 South Suite G-3 League City Texas 77573Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 554-6050
- Victory Lakes Dialysis4.65 miles away3290 Gulf Freeway S Suite H Dickinson Texas 77539Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 337-2175
- Sng League City Dialysis, Lp4.75 miles away2785 Gulf Freeway S Suite 145 League City Texas 77573Dialysis Stations: 16 (832) 340-2404