Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is one of four nursing homes located in Utica, Michigan. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A score of this caliber requires quality scores in most areas. This nursing home truly has plenty of good features. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile was its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an A-. We weighed the licensure of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses worked with residents, in calculating our rating in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on the facility's government inspections. We awarded it an B+ for that area. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is short-term care. This facility received an impressive short-term care score, with a grade of B in the category. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category was long-term care, which is the final area we assessed. In this area, we awarded this facility a grade of D. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the place is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 67.77778 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who have experienced a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.44% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 91.43% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Scores for Utica, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Utica, Michigan has 3 other nursing homes
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 11.09 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 12.17 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 12.95 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.61 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fms Beaumonth Health, LLC3.07 miles away44300 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48314Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 964-0100
- Fmc - Shelby3.73 miles away56065 Van Dyke Ave Utica Michigan 48316CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 677-2008
- Clinton Township Dialysis of Davita3.79 miles away15918 Nineteen Mile Rd Suite 110 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 412-9195
- Macomb Regional Dialysis Center3.79 miles away16151 19 Mile Rd Ste 200 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 263-8350
- Fmc Dialysis - Romeo Plank5.01 miles away46591 Romeo Plank Rd Ste 101 Macomb Michigan 48044Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 226-6150
- Davita Troy Dialysis5.96 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920
- Rochester Hills Dialysis of Davita6.73 miles away1886 W Auburn Rd Suite 100 Rochester Michigan 48309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 299-7901
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC7.05 miles away6700 N Rochester Rd, Suite Gi-14 Rochester Michigan 48306Dialysis Stations: 8 (248) 650-1533