Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is one of just two available nursing homes located in Utica, Michigan. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A grade in this range requires some respectable marks. This nursing home seems to have a few things going for it. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its strong nursing score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Utica senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's nursing grade was better than its overall score. Due to a strong performance in this area, it earned a quality score in nursing with a grade of B+. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This facility also performed well in the area of inspections. It received one of our highest scores in that category with an B+. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Does this page answer your questions about Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received favorable short-term care marks in this assessment. We gave them one of our higher grades in that area, with a B. In determining our short-term care scores, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is typically a meaningful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest area was long-term care, which is the last category we looked at. It received an F in this category. Despite some decent scores in other categories, this score is still disappointing so we wanted to make sure you are aware. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home gave the vaccine to a relatively low 52.941177 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients which have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint may be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 91.02% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is important for patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regency Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 11.09 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 12.17 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 12.95 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.61 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fms Beaumonth Health, LLC3.07 miles away44300 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48314Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 964-0100
- Fmc - Shelby3.73 miles away56065 Van Dyke Ave Utica Michigan 48316CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 677-2008
- Clinton Township Dialysis of Davita3.79 miles away15918 Nineteen Mile Rd Suite 110 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 412-9195
- Macomb Regional Dialysis Center3.79 miles away16151 19 Mile Rd Ste 200 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 263-8350
- Fmc Dialysis - Romeo Plank5.01 miles away46591 Romeo Plank Rd Ste 101 Macomb Michigan 48044Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 226-6150
- Davita Troy Dialysis5.96 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920
- Rochester Hills Dialysis of Davita6.73 miles away1886 W Auburn Rd Suite 100 Rochester Michigan 48309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 299-7901
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC7.05 miles away6700 N Rochester Rd, Suite Gi-14 Rochester Michigan 48306Dialysis Stations: 8 (248) 650-1533