Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center is a very-large nursing home in Somerset, New Jersey. Sporting an overall grade of B, this is a fine nursing home. Based on our analysis, you could do much worse than this facility. This facility is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this facility especially excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A+. Few facilities performed better in this area. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received impressive scores in the area of short-term care as well. Indeed, we awarded it one of our most dominant scores in that area with a area of A-. In computing our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is typically a useful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. The nursing rating analyzes a handful of factors, many of which are based on nursing hours. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last category is long-term care, in which we awarded this nursing home a C in that area. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. After we finished assessing the amount of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinated 99.486305 percent of its patients against pneumonia. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents that are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 5.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 92% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Somerset, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Somerset, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 12.36 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 14.17 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.14 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.96 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.03 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis1.3 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway1.88 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Dci Somerset1.92 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749
- Davita Hamilton Street Dialysis1.97 miles away920 Hamilton Street Suite C-3 Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 220-1593
- New Brunswick Dialysis3.88 miles away303 George Street Ste G-8 New Brunswick New Jersey 08901CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 937-4791
- Dci North Brunswick Dialysis Ctr3.97 miles away105 North Center Dr North Brunswick New Jersey 08902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (732) 940-8368
- Davita Franklin Park Dialysis4.63 miles away3079 State Route 27 Unit H Franklin Park New Jersey 08823Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 305-7855
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr4.81 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202