Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center is a large facility in Gresham, Oregon. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is an elite rating. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top quarter of all facilities in the nation. We also gave this nursing home strong grades in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
5905 Se Powell Valley Rd,
Gresham OR 97080
68.2% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for inspections. Inspection scores are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. In computing our nursing scores, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Oregon in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a resident at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was dominant in the category of long-term care, where it received a grade of A-. Only a select group of nursing homes received a better grade in this area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 96.12676 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded ended up being this nursing home's worst area. However, even its worst category would actually be a strength for many nursing homes. In fact, we awarded it a strong grade of B for short-term care. In crafting our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. We were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 9.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.67% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which had UTI's. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 15.04% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 12.62% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 6.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 92.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 12.97% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.46% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.54 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.46 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 14.28 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regency Gresham Nursing & Rehab Center, 77% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.73 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.72 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 15.11 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Gresham Dialysis Center2.24 miles away1360 E Powell Blvd Gresham Oregon 97030CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 465-1650
- Fmc Dialysis Mt Hood3.21 miles away23335 Se Stark St Gresham Oregon 97030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (503) 465-0424
- Davita Gresham Station Dialysis3.62 miles away878 Nw Burnside Rd Gresham Oregon 97030Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 465-1068
- Portland Gateway Dialysis8.6 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Fmc Sandy Dialysis8.64 miles away37139 Hwy 26 Sandy Oregon 97055Dialysis Stations: 9 (503) 826-1352
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic8.85 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Dialysis Center8.95 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Fmc Maywood Park9.64 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464