Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce is one of just a few facilities in Dover, New Jersey. With an A overall grade, we rated this nursing home in the top fifth of all facilities in the United States. In our view, this facility would be a great choice for just about anybody. This nursing home also received consistently good grades in each of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ government inspections recently. Its inspections are nearly flawless. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a very strong short-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be its second most impressive category score. In that area, we awarded this facility a score of A-. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to formulate a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third category, we gave this nursing home a score of A- for its long-term care score. This is a very impressive grade. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.762375 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the final category we rated, this facility was given an impressive grade grade of B+ in our nursing category. With this grade, the nursing home finished off a very strong report card. In determining our nursing scores, we look at both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents who have had a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 5.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 92% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regency Grande Nurs & Rehab Ce, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Hackettstown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.33 miles away651 Willow Grove St Hackettstown New Jersey 07840Voluntary non-profit - Church(908) 852-5100
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.67 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Newton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.73 miles away175 High St Newton New Jersey 07860Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 579-8300
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 16.96 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Fmc Dover0.87 miles away400 West Blackwell Street 2 West Dover New Jersey 07801Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 328-1812
- Fmc Kenvil1.34 miles away677 Route 46 Suite C Kenvil New Jersey 07847CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 252-1301
- Davita Renal Ctr Succasunna4.94 miles away175 Righter Road Succasunna New Jersey 07876Dialysis Stations: 12 (973) 584-3294
- Fmc Dial Assoc No Jersey Dc5.15 miles away2200 Route 10 West Suite 107 Parsippany New Jersey 07054CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 267-2009
- Davita Parsippany Dialysis7.35 miles away900 Lanidex Plaza Suite 120 Parsippany New Jersey 07054Dialysis Stations: 10 (973) 739-7080
- Davita Renal Ctr Morristown8.28 miles away100 Madison Avenue 4th Floor Morristown New Jersey 07960CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (973) 538-8201
- Fmc East Morris8.28 miles away55 Madison Avenue Ste 100 Morristown New Jersey 07960Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 993-8495
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave13.09 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150