Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center is one of just a few facilities in Dover, New Jersey. We gave this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the nation. Based on our assessment, this facility would be a great choice for most people. This place also received very consistent scores in each of our categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
65 North Sussex Street,
Dover NJ 07801
87.09% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Dover, New Jersey Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our long-term care category. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 98.554214 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Adding to its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this facility a grade of B+ for nursing. Our nursing grade focuses on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was given favorable short-term care grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better grades in that category, with a grade of B+. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Lastly, we looked at the area of inspections. This nursing home earned a very impressive score in this category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a B+. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents that had a fall which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents who have suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 6.37% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 89.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regency Grande Post-Acute, Rehab & Nursing Center, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Hackettstown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.33 miles away651 Willow Grove St Hackettstown New Jersey 07840Voluntary non-profit - Church(908) 852-5100
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.67 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Newton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.73 miles away175 High St Newton New Jersey 07860Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 579-8300
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 16.96 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Fmc Dover0.87 miles away400 West Blackwell Street 2 West Dover New Jersey 07801Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 328-1812
- Fmc Kenvil1.34 miles away677 Route 46 Suite C Kenvil New Jersey 07847CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 252-1301
- Davita Renal Ctr Succasunna4.94 miles away175 Righter Road Succasunna New Jersey 07876Dialysis Stations: 12 (973) 584-3294
- Fmc Dial Assoc No Jersey Dc5.15 miles away2200 Route 10 West Suite 107 Parsippany New Jersey 07054CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 267-2009
- Davita Parsippany Dialysis7.35 miles away900 Lanidex Plaza Suite 120 Parsippany New Jersey 07054Dialysis Stations: 10 (973) 739-7080
- Davita Renal Ctr Morristown8.28 miles away100 Madison Avenue 4th Floor Morristown New Jersey 07960CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (973) 538-8201
- Fmc East Morris8.28 miles away55 Madison Avenue Ste 100 Morristown New Jersey 07960Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 993-8495
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave13.09 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150