With more than 20 options to choose from in Louisville, Kentucky, Regency Center is one of many facilities. With a bottom of the barrel overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. This nursing home is really as bad as it gets. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, long-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Regency Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
While we gave this nursing home a terrible overall score, we awarded it a B- for our long-term care rating. Long-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's amount of care. This means a vast spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 92.9078 percent of its patients. This is a bit lower than we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
We were also surprised to find that this facility received a decent nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of C in that category. Our nursing score is mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This figure is significantly below average. Lastly, although this place got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it did well in this statistic.
Does this page answer your questions about Regency Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second worse score is short-term care, where it received a grade of just D in that category. This is a relatively poor score. Our short-term care grade is generally used to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to offer highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Given its abysmal score in this area, we weren't shocked to find this nursing home provides significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care score.
The last category we assessed was inspections. This facility didn't receive favorable inspections in recent years. Consequently, we had to give it an F in this category. For facilities that received this bad of an inspection score, we recommend scrutinizing any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regency Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regency Center, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regency Center, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regency Center, 2.74% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regency Center, 15.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regency Center, 28.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regency Center, 8.85% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regency Center, 90.04% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regency Center, 15.42% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regency Center, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Regency Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regency Center, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regency Center, 13.78 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regency Center, 72.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 40 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 9.68 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 10.89 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.83 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 14.44 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 15.1 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Fmc-South Central Louisville0.82 miles away8319 Preston Highway Suite C,D,E Louisville Kentucky 40219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 968-2225
- Davita - Sheperdsville Dialysis4.88 miles away150 Brooks Way, Suite 15 Brooks Kentucky 40109Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 955-2153
- Fmc - East Louisville5.14 miles away6455 Bardstown Road Louisville Kentucky 40291CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 239-8221
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC5.46 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- University Kidney Center - Broadway5.62 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon7.06 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771
- Davita - Meadows East7.56 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies7.59 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650