With an address in Monroe, Washington, Regency Care Center at Monroe is the only option we found in the city. Featuring an overall grade of A, this is undoubtedly a superb facility. Based on our assessment, this facility is just about as as good as it gets. If you look below, you can see this facility's category ratings, which appear to be just as impressive as its overall rating.
Regency Care Center at Monroe
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it earned a very impressive short-term care score. This turned out to be its best category. In that area, we gave this facility an A. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its elite resume, this facility also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a score of A in that category. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Regency Care Center at Monroe?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. Our nursing score is primarily based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a resident at least once a day.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive resume, we awarded this facility a grade of A- for our inspections rating. With this grade, the nursing home completes its straight A report card. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regency Care Center at Monroe Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 6.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents which suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 3.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who had falls which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 2.22% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 13.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents which are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 13.68% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 93.98% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 23.27% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 0.96 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 23.27 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 11.24 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regency Care Center at Monroe, 74.06% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Evergreenhealth MonroeAcute Care Hospitals 0.9 miles away14701 179th Se Monroe Washington 98272Government - Hospital District or Authority(360) 794-7497
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Providence Regional Medical Center EverettAcute Care Hospitals 14.47 miles away1321 Colby Avenue Everett Washington 98201Voluntary non-profit - Church(425) 261-2000
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.32 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.7 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 18.8 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- Puget Sound Kidney Center - Monroe0.84 miles away18121 149th St Se Monroe Washington 98272Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 863-3313
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center11.05 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Everett Dialysis Center12.08 miles away8130 Evergreen Way Ste C Everett Washington 98203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (425) 353-6036
- Davita Lynnwood Dialysis13.3 miles away13619 Mukilteo Speedway Ste D-1 Lynnwood Washington 98037Dialysis Stations: 3 (425) 741-3616
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center13.64 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785
- Puget Sound Kidney Center13.66 miles away1005 Pacific Ave Everett Washington 98201Dialysis Stations: 25 (425) 259-5195
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center14.41 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Puget Sound Kc South14.47 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095