Regeis Care Center is a very-large facility located in Bronx, New York. We gave this facility an above average overall rating of B+. Indeed, we ranked it as the sixth best nursing home in Bronx according to our rankings. Even in a city featuring 44 nursing homes, this one caught our attention as a first-rate choice. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Regeis Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Bronx senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home performed well in our short-term care category. As a result, we awarded it a grade of A- for that area, which turns out to be one of our higher scores. In determining these short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Regeis Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our third area, this nursing home also received a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.29874 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The last area we analyzed was nursing, which is this nursing home's least impressive category. We gave this nursing home a D in this category. Nevertheless, you shouldn't assess this nursing home solely on a single category, as it received several very strong scores in other categories. There are a variety of subcategories included in this grade. Most of the subcategories are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This place averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This number is well below the national average. While this facility did not excel in the area of nursing hours, it surprised us in a few of the quality-based metrics in the nursing category, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed better than average in this metric, which was one redeeming quality we found in this area.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regeis Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regeis Care Center, 14.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents that suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regeis Care Center, 0.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regeis Care Center, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from urinary tract infections. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regeis Care Center, 8.27% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regeis Care Center, 2.95% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regeis Care Center, 2.71% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regeis Care Center, 98.41% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regeis Care Center, 15.32% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regeis Care Center, 12.28% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Regeis Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regeis Care Center, 12.28% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regeis Care Center, 8.46% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regeis Care Center, 75.2% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Bronx, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bronx, New York has 43 other nursing homes
- Jacobi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Government - Local(718) 918-5000
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- Montefiore New Rochelle HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 632-5000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- Workmen's Circle Dialysis Center0.24 miles away3155 Grace Avenue Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 12 (718) 379-8100
- Davita Boston Post Road Dialysis Center0.57 miles away4026 Boston Road Bronx New York 10475CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 862-9245
- Davita Laconia Dialysis0.66 miles away3440 Boston Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 798-0538
- Kings Harbor Health Services LLC1.19 miles away2020 East Gun Hill Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 9 (718) 320-1335
- Davita Hutchinson River Dialysis1.23 miles away2331 Eastchester Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 19 (718) 547-0612
- Davita Sandford Boulevard Dialysis1.47 miles away120 E. Sanford Blvd Mount Vernon New York 10550Dialysis Stations: 8 (914) 665-2035
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc1.55 miles away3525 White Plains Road, Suite B Bronx New York 10467CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 547-4562
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc1.55 miles away3525 White Plains Road Ste. A Bronx New York 10467Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 652-1013