Redeemer Residence is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Featuring an overall grade of A+, this facility is ranked among the better nursing homes in Minneapolis, which has plenty of very solid facilities. You flat out can't do any better than this facility. As you will see below, this facility performed equally well in our category grades. We gave it a straight A report card!
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.375 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a dangerous ailment for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This nursing home also received a virtually flawless government inspection. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. This is one of the few facilities to receive multiple A+ category grades. Inspection scores are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's inspection reports. Places that excel in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Redeemer Residence?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. There are numerous factors included in this category. Many of these factors relate to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth category we assessed was short-term care, where this facility was given a grade of A. This rounded out an elite report card. Not many facilities received an A- or higher in in each area we assessed. Short-term care scores are vital for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Redeemer Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Redeemer Residence, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Redeemer Residence, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Redeemer Residence, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from UTI's. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Redeemer Residence, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Redeemer Residence, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Redeemer Residence, 4.73% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Redeemer Residence, 93.57% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Redeemer Residence, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Redeemer Residence, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Redeemer Residence, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Redeemer Residence, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Redeemer Residence, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Redeemer Residence, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 52 other nursing homes
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.27 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 1.37 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 2.17 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.96 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Davita - Uptown0.64 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.1.22 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita1.58 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis1.58 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit2.1 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis2.79 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis3.43 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita3.88 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088