Rawlins House Health & Living Community is located in Pendleton, Indiana, a city with a population of 17,148 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade in this range requires some decent scores. Based on our ratings, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Rawlins House Health & Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this area. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received its next most favorable category score in the area of short-term care. We gave this facility a grade of B- in this category, which is a respectable grade. In calculating our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Rawlins House Health & Living Community?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third highest area ended up being long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinates 99.28825 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last category we looked at is nursing. We awarded this facility a C in that area. Our nursing score is largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This place provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rawlins House Health & Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who had falls which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term patients that are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 12.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 91.56% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rawlins House Health & Living Community, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- St Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away2015 Jackson St Anderson Indiana 46016Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 646-8373
- Community Hospital of Anderson and Madison CountyAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away1515 N Madison Ave Anderson Indiana 46011Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 298-4242
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Hancock Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away801 N State St Greenfield Indiana 46140Government - Local(317) 462-5544
- Riverview HealthAcute Care Hospitals 15.59 miles away395 Westfield Rd Noblesville Indiana 46060Government - Local(317) 773-0760
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 17.98 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- St Vincent Mercy HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.58 miles away1331 S a St Elwood Indiana 46036Voluntary non-profit - Church(765) 552-4743
- Henry County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.89 miles away1000 N 16th St New Castle Indiana 47362Government - Local(765) 521-0890
- Us Renal Care-Daleville5.69 miles away2220 E. 59th Street Anderson Indiana 46013Dialysis Stations: 13 (765) 378-1735
- Fmc - Dialysis Institute of Anderson6.99 miles away1815 Jackson St. Anderson Indiana 46016CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (765) 649-4792
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis11.39 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Fmc - Greenfield14.52 miles away1051 North State Street Greenfield Indiana 46140Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 462-4743
- Fmc - Noblesville Dialysis15.64 miles away165 Sheridan Road Noblesville Indiana 46060Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 770-8900
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast18.05 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128
- Fmc - Shadeland Station18.38 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Fmc - Elwood18.41 miles away1805 S. Anderson Street Elwood Indiana 46036Dialysis Stations: 12 (765) 557-2362