Located in Woodway, Texas, Rapid Recovery Center of Waco is one of six nursing homes in the city. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our better ratings. If you take a look at the other options in Woodway, we are confident you will find this nursing home to be a substantially better option than most of the facilities in the city. The best part of this facility's strong report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Rapid Recovery Center of Waco
Updated Jan 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
5801 Crosslake Parkway,
Woodway TX 76712
Note: Data for Rapid Recovery Center of Waco has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
In addition to faring well overall, this facility also earned nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an A+. Inspection ratings are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong short-term care score. This actually ended up being this nursing home's second strongest category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. We weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This proved to be a real strength for this nursing home. It outperformed the vast majority of facilities in the nation in this area with 66.7 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Rapid Recovery Center of Waco?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing ratings are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth area, this nursing home was awarded an extremely favorable long-term care score. In fact, we gave it a B+ in this category, topping off one of our finer profiles. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rapid Recovery Center of Waco Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rapid Recovery Center of Waco, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rapid Recovery Center of Waco, 66.67% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Woodway, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Woodway, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center HillcrestAcute Care Hospitals 0.24 miles away100 Hillcrest Medical Blvd Woodway Texas 76712Voluntary non-profit - Private(254) 202-2000
- Providence Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.73 miles away6901 Medical Parkway Woodway Texas 76712Voluntary non-profit - Private(254) 751-4000
- Fmc Greenway Kidney Center0.1 miles away5940 Crosslake Parkway Woodway Texas 76712CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (254) 666-8826
- Fmc Dialysis Services Waco West1.47 miles away730 W. Highway 6 Woodway Texas 76712Dialysis Stations: 29 (254) 772-7719
- Fresenius Medical Care Brazos4.43 miles away2329 N 39th Waco Texas 76708CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (254) 752-5503
- Fresenius Medical Care Waco Lakeshore6.98 miles away2420 Lakeshore Drive Waco Texas 76708Dialysis Stations: 20 (254) 756-2179
- Fresenius Medical Care Bellmead7.75 miles away137 Eastgate Shopping Ctr Waco Texas 76705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (254) 867-1974
- Falls County Kidney Center19.65 miles away602 Hwy 6 South Marlin Texas 76661Dialysis Stations: 11 (254) 883-3699