Ranch Terrace Nursing Home is located in Sapulpa, Oklahoma. Featuring an overall grade of D, this is a well below average nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Sapulpa. The city has just two other nursing homes. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is long-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Ranch Terrace Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1310 East Cleveland,
Sapulpa OK 74066
42.82% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
Even though we didn't rate this nursing home favorably overall, we actually gave it an excellent score in long-term care, where it received an A-. Few facilities performed better in this particular area. This helped its overall profile to a degree. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 90.909096 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is slightly below what we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Shockingly, this nursing home actually earned a good score in inspections as well. In fact, we gave it a B for that category, which is one of our better grades. Few nursing homes that were this poor overall received multiple category grades of this caliber. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that had too many severe deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Ranch Terrace Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is short-term care, where this nursing home received an F. Our short-term care scores are believed to be most important for patients requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. With a score in this range in this category, we were not stunned to learn this facility was below average in several staffing areas we looked at. It supplied far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
The last area we graded was nursing. This facility received a rock bottom grade of F in that category. Nursing grades are tied to quality and quantity of nursing care. With just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily, this place's nurse staffing levels were significantly below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ranch Terrace Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ranch Terrace Nursing Home, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ranch Terrace Nursing Home, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ranch Terrace Nursing Home, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ranch Terrace Nursing Home, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ranch Terrace Nursing Home, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ranch Terrace Nursing Home, 3.91% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ranch Terrace Nursing Home, 92.49% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ranch Terrace Nursing Home, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ranch Terrace Nursing Home, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Ranch Terrace Nursing Home, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ranch Terrace Nursing Home, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
- St John Sapulpa, IncCritical Access Hospitals 0.38 miles away1004 East Bryan Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 227-8601
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.9 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 11.99 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.14 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 12.61 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- Fmcna - Sapulpa Dialysis0.36 miles away1013 E Cleveland Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Dialysis Stations: 18 (918) 227-3351
- Davita - Sapulpa Dialysis2.61 miles away9647 Ridgeview St Tulsa Oklahoma 74131Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 224-9996
- Fmcna - South Tulsa8.42 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock10.61 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis11.32 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis11.38 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit11.91 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072
- Fmcna - North Tulsa12.42 miles away2309 W Edison Ste A Tulsa Oklahoma 74127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 592-0724