Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Memphis, Tennessee. Featuring an overall grade of C, this is likely a decent nursing home. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a good fit for quite a few people. One of the major highlights of this facility's report card is its remarkable inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home outperformed its overall score in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's long-term care rating appears to be one of its better features. The nursing home was given a B- in this category. In our long-term care category, we assess the sheer volume of care provided by a nursing home, as well as a handful of quality statistics. Once we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinates 98.78049 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our short-term care score. This is not an impressive grade. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Based on its grade in this category, we were not surprised to find that this place is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected here. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents that returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
The last category we scored is nursing, which turned out to be this facility's worst area. We gave it an F for this category, which is clearly very disappointing. The nursing score considers numerous subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This place offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these data points to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 9.05% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 89.05% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Some argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rainbow Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.09 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 13.59 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 14.62 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 15 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 15.06 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Fmc Bartlett1.33 miles away3348 N Germantown Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Dialysis Stations: 16 (901) 379-2447
- u.s. Renal Care Galleria Dialysis2.39 miles away8592 Ricky Bell Cove Memphis Tennessee 38133Dialysis Stations: 20 (901) 380-5755
- Memphis Galleria Hometraining2.94 miles away9045 Hwy 64 Suite 102 Arlington Tennessee 38002Dialysis Stations: 5 (901) 213-2955
- Galleria Dialysis2.94 miles away9160 Hwy 64 East Suite 10 Arlington Tennessee 38002Dialysis Stations: 16 (901) 380-1511
- Davita Singelton Farms Dialysis5.85 miles away4031 Austin Peay Hwy Memphis Tennessee 38128Dialysis Stations: 17 (901) 379-0491
- Fmc North Memphis6.05 miles away3850 Austin Peay Hwy Suite 10 Memphis Tennessee 38128CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 388-1749
- Renal Care of Memphis North6.13 miles away4913 Raleigh Commons Drive, Suite 100 Memphis Tennessee 38128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (901) 937-0650
- Isd Bartlett LLC6.18 miles away2920 Covington Pike Memphis Tennessee 38128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (901) 248-6020