Rae Ann Suburban is an average-sized nursing home located in Westlake, Ohio. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B, which is a quality rating. At the end of the day, this nursing home is a solid choice for most people. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Rae Ann Suburban
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
29505 Detroit Rd,
Westlake OH 44145
68.21% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially wanted to emphasize its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it an A+ in this area. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing grade is primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Rae Ann Suburban?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its third most favorable category grade in the category of long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a B- in this area, which is a respectable grade. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to a relatively low 84.12698 percent of its patients. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Our last category is short-term care, in which we awarded this facility a grade of C in that area. Our short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rae Ann Suburban Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rae Ann Suburban, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rae Ann Suburban, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rae Ann Suburban, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rae Ann Suburban, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rae Ann Suburban, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rae Ann Suburban, 21.39% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rae Ann Suburban, 88.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rae Ann Suburban, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rae Ann Suburban, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Rae Ann Suburban, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rae Ann Suburban, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rae Ann Suburban, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rae Ann Suburban, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Westlake, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Westlake, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.99 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.57 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.86 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.26 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Mercy Health-Lorain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.97 miles away3700 Kolbe Road Lorain Ohio 44053Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 960-4000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 17.04 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Fmc - Westlake Dialysis Center2.06 miles away26024 Detroit Road Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 23 (440) 835-1139
- Center for Dialysis Care Westside Home Care LLC2.78 miles away24651 Center Ridge Rd Suite 450 Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 10 (440) 899-2808
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern4.78 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis5.84 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights7.62 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Fmc - Dialysis Specialists of Northeast Ohio7.7 miles away1070 Abbe Road North Elyria Ohio 44035Dialysis Stations: 21 (440) 365-8165
- Davita - Center Ridge Dialysis7.87 miles away38630 Center Ridge Road North Ridgeville Ohio 44039Dialysis Stations: 14 (440) 327-2070
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis8.34 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034