Rae Ann Suburban is an average-sized nursing home located in Westlake, Ohio. This nursing home was given an overall grade of C, which is a solid rating. At the end of the day, this nursing home would be a solid choice for most people. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Rae Ann Suburban
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this nursing home really outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest scores in that area with an A. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's higher category grades came in the category of long-term care. This ended up being its second best category. In that category, we gave this nursing home a C. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to a relatively low 87.57397 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Rae Ann Suburban?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. In computing a facility's nursing score, we assess the number of hours nurses are caring for residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat alarming figure which is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
Our next category is short-term care, where we gave this nursing home a C in that area. In crafting these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to devise a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. It is important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 4.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rae Ann Suburban Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rae Ann Suburban, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rae Ann Suburban, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely linked to poor nursing care. More supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rae Ann Suburban, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rae Ann Suburban, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rae Ann Suburban, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rae Ann Suburban, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rae Ann Suburban, 90.19% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rae Ann Suburban, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rae Ann Suburban, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Rae Ann Suburban, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rae Ann Suburban, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rae Ann Suburban, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rae Ann Suburban, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Westlake, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Westlake, Ohio has 7 other nursing homes
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.99 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.57 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.86 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.26 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Mercy Health-Lorain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.97 miles away3700 Kolbe Road Lorain Ohio 44053Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 960-4000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 17.04 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Fmc - Westlake Dialysis Center2.06 miles away26024 Detroit Road Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 23 (440) 835-1139
- Center for Dialysis Care Westside Home Care LLC2.78 miles away24651 Center Ridge Rd Suite 450 Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 10 (440) 899-2808
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern4.78 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis5.84 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights7.62 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Fmc - Dialysis Specialists of Northeast Ohio7.7 miles away1070 Abbe Road North Elyria Ohio 44035Dialysis Stations: 21 (440) 365-8165
- Davita - Center Ridge Dialysis7.87 miles away38630 Center Ridge Road North Ridgeville Ohio 44039Dialysis Stations: 14 (440) 327-2070
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis8.34 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034