Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Memphis, Tennessee. We gave this facility an alarming overall score based on the data we looked at. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 21 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next section.
Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a C for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. This place was hit with 6 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were in categories G through L. This indicates the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
Surprisingly, we gave this facility a C for its long-term care grade, which really isn't too bad of a score. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 93.25301 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this place keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. There are quite a few datapoints within this category. Most of these factors are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is short-term care, was this nursing home's least impressive area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this area. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. With its score in this area, we were not surprised to learn that this place is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the figures we assessed. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.05% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 89.05% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.73 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.62 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 5.47 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Methodist Healthcare - Olive Branch HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away4250 Bethel Road Olive Branch Mississippi 38654Voluntary non-profit - Private(662) 932-9000
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 11.94 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Satellite Healthcare South Germantown, LLC0.44 miles away6548 Quince Rd Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 259-3423
- Fmc Mt Moriah Dialysis0.57 miles away6490 Mt Moriah Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 547-6401
- Fmc East Memphis1.65 miles away6490 Mt. Moriah Ext. Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (901) 367-1001
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.2.31 miles away6055 Primacy Parkway Suite 125 Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 13 (901) 681-4010
- Capelville Dialysis Center3.19 miles away7008 E Shelby Dr Memphis Tennessee 38125Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 757-5001
- Davita Memphis Southeast3.51 miles away1805 Moriah Woods Blvd Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38117CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 685-3192
- Fmc Memphis Germantown3.76 miles away7640 Wolf River Circle Germantown Tennessee 38138Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 757-4119
- Heckscher Dialysis, LLC3.94 miles away8000 Wolf River Blvd Suite 106 Germantown Tennessee 38138Dialysis Stations: 17 (901) 757-4809