Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing is an average-sized nursing home located in Middle Island, New York. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack grade. Based on our ratings, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent government inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second most favorable category is long-term care. We gave it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a slightly below average score in this category. Long-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of care. This means a vast spectrum of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.681526 percent of its patients, which is higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a decent grade of C. Short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The next area we assessed is nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in that area. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this category. There are a host of factors within this grade. Most of the subcategories relate to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 13.6% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 91.89% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Quantum Rehabilitation and Nursing, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital of Port JeffersonAcute Care Hospitals 5.47 miles away75 North Country Road Port Jefferson New York 11777Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 473-1320
- St Charles HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away200 Belle Terre Road Port Jefferson New York 11777Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 474-6000
- Long Island Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away101 Hospital Road Patchogue New York 11772Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 654-7100
- St Catherine of Siena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.17 miles away50 Route 25a Smithtown New York 11787Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 862-3000
- Peconic Bay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.5 miles away1300 Roanoke Avenue Riverhead New York 11901Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 548-6000
- Pilgrim Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 17.68 miles away998 Crooked Hill Road Brentwood New York 11717Government - State(631) 761-3500
- Southside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.45 miles away301 East Main Street Bay Shore New York 11706Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 968-3000
- Fms-Central Suffolk Akc4.76 miles away5225 Nesconset Highway Unit #72 - Bldg.9 Port Jefferson Station New York 11776CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (631) 331-5600
- Davita Medford Kidney Center5.52 miles away1725 North Ocean Avenue Medford New York 11763CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (631) 289-8000
- Stony Brook Kidney Center, Dci6.23 miles away26 Research Way East Setauket New York 11733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (631) 444-0502
- Coram Dialysis Center6.59 miles away1500 Middle Country Road Centereach New York 11720Dialysis Stations: 16 (631) 716-8758
- Long Island Community Hospital7.75 miles away101 Hospital Road Patchogue New York 11772Dialysis Stations: 6 (631) 654-7160
- Long Island Community Hospital9.14 miles away109 West Main Street Dialysis Satellite Patchogue New York 11772CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (631) 687-2828
- St. Catherine of Siena Med. Ctr13.29 miles away50 Route 25a Dialysis Unit Smithtown New York 11787CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (631) 862-3707
- Hauppauge Dialysis Center14.3 miles away30 Central Avenue Hauppauge New York 11788CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (631) 761-6605