Quakertown Center is a large nursing home located in Quakertown, Pennsylvania. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this is likely a solid facility. This nursing home seems to have a few things going for it. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1020 South Main Street,
Quakertown PA 18951
89.78% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent government inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an A+ in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a favorable long-term care grade. As a matter of fact, we gave it a B in that category, which is one of our more favorable scores. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 94.10256 percent of its patients, which is more than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Quakertown Center?
Moving on to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing grade. We gave this nursing home an D. Nursing scores are tied to levels of nurse staffing. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, this place's nurse staffing levels were far below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is short-term care. We gave this nursing home a D for the area of short-term care, rendering this its least impressive grade. Our short-term care scores are presumably more important for residents needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was subpar in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the data we looked at. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.9 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Quakertown Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Quakertown Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Quakertown Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Quakertown Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Quakertown Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Quakertown Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Quakertown Center, 3.12% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Quakertown Center, 88.22% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Quakertown Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Quakertown Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Quakertown Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Quakertown Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Quakertown Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Quakertown Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.59 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.05 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.37 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.88 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.67 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis0.64 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis4.17 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Allentown11.46 miles away2820 Mitchell Avenue Allentown Pennsylvania 18103Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 797-7655
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc12.01 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale13.05 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Allentown13.8 miles away3136 Hamilton Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18103CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (610) 435-6718
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus13.85 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis13.93 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590