Quakertown Center is a large nursing home located in Quakertown, Pennsylvania. Sporting an overall grade of C, this is likely a solid facility. This nursing home seems to have a few things going for it. The best part of this place's profile was its stellar inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent government inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an A+ in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category was its long-term care grade, where it received a C. In our long-term care category, we look at the sheer quantity of services provided by a nursing home, as well as a series of quality measures. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 95.3125 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Quakertown Center?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an D. When calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the amount of time nurses are caring for patients as well as the skill levels of the nurses. This place provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was short-term care, is this facility's least impressive area. We gave this facility a D in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is generally a solid assessment of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Based on its poor rating in this category, we weren't surprised to find that this facility offers significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Quakertown Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Quakertown Center, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Quakertown Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who have suffered falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Quakertown Center, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Quakertown Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Quakertown Center, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Quakertown Center, 3.23% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Quakertown Center, 88.5% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Quakertown Center, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Quakertown Center, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
In Quakertown Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Quakertown Center, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Quakertown Center, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Quakertown Center, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.59 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.05 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.37 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.88 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.67 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis0.64 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis4.17 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Allentown11.46 miles away2820 Mitchell Avenue Allentown Pennsylvania 18103Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 797-7655
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc12.01 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale13.05 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Allentown13.8 miles away3136 Hamilton Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18103CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (610) 435-6718
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus13.85 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis13.93 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590