Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This nursing home was given an alarming overall rating based on the data we looked at. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 32 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a poor overall score, we also gave this place poor grades in our categories. In fact, it received a lowly D for its short-term care score, which was its highest category. In determining our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is often a useful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Considering its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to find that this facility is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. Frankly, this was what we expected here. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home.
This facility received a grade of just D in the area of inspections. Sadly, this was its second best grade. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. This particular facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 24 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. When calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we weigh the amount of time nurses are seeing patients and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. This nursing home received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in this category. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 99.557526 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that suffered from urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.91% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 92.49% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.7 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.89 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 3 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Integris Community Hospital - Council CrossingAcute Care Hospitals 3.26 miles away9417 N Council Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73162Proprietary(405) 550-3280
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC1.8 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis4.38 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis5.77 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City6.72 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Davita - Northwest Bethany7.87 miles away7800 Nw 23rd Ste A Bethany Oklahoma 73008Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 495-8606
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City9.03 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita - Edmond9.74 miles away50 S Baumann Ave Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 330-6646
- Davita - Mid-Del Home Training10.22 miles away9320 E Reno Suite A Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 732-0744