Quadrangle is in Haverford, Pennsylvania, a city with 6,248 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the most impressive facilities we assessed. This facility was given one of the best scores that we offer. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top fifth of all facilities in the country. As you will see below, this facility also performed well in our category scores. It is hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
3300 Darby Road,
Haverford PA 19041
72.05% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can pay to a nursing home. Our inspection grades are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility was given elite marks in the area of short-term care. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a grade of A+. Short-term care grades are typically employed to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This facility excelled at the highest level in the two key staffing areas we assessed. The facility offered about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than a typical facility. This is an excellent sign. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities in the country in this area with 71.6 percent of its patients returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most facilities.
Does this page answer your questions about Quadrangle?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing rating analyzes many subcategories, however, the paramount consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided 4.6 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This was one of the more impressive totals we found. Furthermore, we found that a significant percentage of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. These are both really impressive figures. On top of providing high levels of nursing care, this facility also performed well in several of the quality measures we assessed. For example, in terms of the number of its residents suffering falls leading to major injury, this facility performed as well as any nursing home the nation. Preventing major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses and better safety protocols are employed.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this facility was awarded a very strong long-term care score. Although this was not nearly as elite as a few of its other grades, this remains one of the better grades we offer. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. This facility's vaccination data were not as strong as its number of nursing hours per resident. It provided the pneumonia vaccine to just 53.448277 percent of its residents. We'd love to see some improvement in this area in the future. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Quadrangle Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Quadrangle, 7.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Quadrangle, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Quadrangle, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Quadrangle, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Quadrangle, 19.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Quadrangle, 3.38% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Quadrangle, 89.35% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Quadrangle, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Quadrangle, 23.88% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Quadrangle, 23.88 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Quadrangle, 8.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Quadrangle, 72.17% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 8.03 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Freedom Dialysis LLC1.22 miles away940 E. Haverford Road, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 2 (610) 520-7277
- Renal Care Group East, Inc.1.65 miles away780 W Lancaster Avenue, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 525-1793
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis2.31 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wynnewood2.94 miles awayLankenau Hospital Mob - East, Ground Flr 100 East Lancaster Ave., Suite 61 Wynnewood Pennsylvania 19096CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (610) 896-9122
- Davita - City Line3.23 miles away4508 City Line Ave. Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 473-3071
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis3.28 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.3.68 miles away1740 S. State Road Upper Darby Pennsylvania 19082Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 734-3501
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Overbrook4.95 miles away5911 Lancaster Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19151CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 452-0178