Quadrangle is an average-sized facility in Haverford, Pennsylvania. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive grades that we offer. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the nation. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
3300 Darby Road,
Haverford PA 19041
61.53% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this facility was superb in our short-term care category. We awarded them an exemplary score of A+ in this category. In our short-term care score, we attempt to forge a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Quadrangle?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing score analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a decent grade in this area, with a grade of C. Even though this isn't as favorable as many of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. Long-term care scores are pivotal for patients in need of non-healthcare services such as personal care. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 92.95775 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be slightly lower than we anticipated but still a respectable figure. Nevertheless, this facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Quadrangle Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Quadrangle, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Quadrangle, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Quadrangle, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term care patients that sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of poor nursing care. However, this metric can also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Quadrangle, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Quadrangle, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Quadrangle, 3.3% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Quadrangle, 86.27% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Quadrangle, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Quadrangle, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Quadrangle, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Quadrangle, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Quadrangle, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Quadrangle, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 8.03 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Freedom Dialysis LLC1.22 miles away940 E. Haverford Road, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 2 (610) 520-7277
- Renal Care Group East, Inc.1.65 miles away780 W Lancaster Avenue, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 525-1793
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis2.31 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wynnewood2.94 miles awayLankenau Hospital Mob - East, Ground Flr 100 East Lancaster Ave., Suite 61 Wynnewood Pennsylvania 19096CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (610) 896-9122
- Davita - City Line3.23 miles away4508 City Line Ave. Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 473-3071
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis3.28 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.3.68 miles away1740 S. State Road Upper Darby Pennsylvania 19082Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 734-3501
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Overbrook4.95 miles away5911 Lancaster Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19151CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 452-0178