Pruitthealth - West Atlanta is an average-sized nursing home located in Atlanta, Georgia. This turns out to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of B-. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Atlanta. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its stellar inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Pruitthealth - West Atlanta
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
2645 Whiting Street n.w.,
Atlanta GA 30318
77.75% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it earned an elite inspection grade. Its inspection score was far better than its overall score. In our inspections category, we gave it an A+. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received its next most favorable category score in the category of short-term care. We gave this facility a B- in this area, which is an acceptable grade. Our short-term care grades are presumably more critical for individuals requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Pruitthealth - West Atlanta?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. In determining a facility's nursing rating, we consider the amount of time nurses spend with residents as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This particular facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was long-term care. This nursing home was given a grade of C for the category. Our long-term care grade is used to grade a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pruitthealth - West Atlanta Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pruitthealth - West Atlanta, 10.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pruitthealth - West Atlanta, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pruitthealth - West Atlanta, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pruitthealth - West Atlanta, 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pruitthealth - West Atlanta, 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pruitthealth - West Atlanta, 4.8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pruitthealth - West Atlanta, 94.56% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pruitthealth - West Atlanta, 16.73% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pruitthealth - West Atlanta, 17.19% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pruitthealth - West Atlanta, 17.19 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pruitthealth - West Atlanta, 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Atlanta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Atlanta, Georgia has 11 other nursing homes
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 8.87 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Davita Center Hill Dialysis1.26 miles away2045 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy Nw Nw Atlanta Georgia 30318Dialysis Stations: 13 (404) 792-1611
- Atlanta West Dialysis1.81 miles away2538 Martin Luther King Jr Drive Sw Atlanta Georgia 30311Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 699-1300
- Bakers Ferry Dialysis2.3 miles away3645 Bakers Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30331CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (404) 691-1932
- Southwest Atlanta Dialysis Center2.34 miles away3620 Martin Luther King Jr Drive Sw Atlanta Georgia 30331CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (404) 696-7303
- Southstar Adamsville Dialysis2.4 miles away3651 Bakers Ferry Rd Sw Atlanta Georgia 30331CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (404) 472-1856
- Fresenius Medical Care Highlands3.71 miles away2700 Highlands Parkway Ste A Smyrna Georgia 30082Dialysis Stations: 21 (678) 303-5064
- Emory Dialysis LLC3.88 miles away610 Northside Drive Nw Atlanta Georgia 30318CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (404) 778-1050
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cascade3.99 miles away1149 Cascade Parkway Sw Atlanta Georgia 30311Dialysis Stations: 17 (404) 505-8877