Pruitthealth - Lilburn is a facility in Lilburn, Georgia, which has a population of 59,660 people. Featuring an overall grade of B-, this is likely a middle of the pack facility. Based on all of the relevant data, there are definitely far worse places out there. The best part of this place's report card was its exemplary inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Pruitthealth - Lilburn
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this nursing home outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. Inspection ratings are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility an impressive score in long-term care. This facility received a grade of B+ in this category, which turns out to be one of our better grades. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.72067 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Pruitthealth - Lilburn?
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities third most favorable area was short-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is basically a middle of the pack grade in this category. With our short-term care assessment, we strive to forge a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
This nursing home's least impressive area is nursing, which is the last area we assessed. It received a lowly F for this area. Even with multiple decent grades in other areas, this grade is nevertheless alarming so we wanted to point it out. The nursing score assesses quite a few components, most of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pruitthealth - Lilburn Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 10.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients which have experienced falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 3.23% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents that sustained a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 18.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 5.43% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 93.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 17.3% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 23.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 23.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 11.54 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pruitthealth - Lilburn, 69.88% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Eastside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away1700 Medical Way Snellville Georgia 30078Proprietary(770) 736-2498
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 8.56 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Northside Hospital GwinnettAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away1000 Medical Center Boulevard Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 312-1000
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Emory Johns Creek HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away6325 Hospital Parkway Duluth Georgia 30097Proprietary(678) 474-7000
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 11.65 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Davita Lilburn Dialysis0.72 miles away4805 Lawrenceville Highway Nw Ste 320b Lilburn Georgia 30047Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 381-7544
- Nephron Corporation1.74 miles away6060 Singleton Road Suite A Norcross Georgia 30093Dialysis Stations: 14 (770) 771-0200
- Tucker Dialysis4.83 miles away4434 Hugh Howell Rd Tucker Georgia 30084Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 491-7187
- Fms Lawrenceville5.1 miles away1115 Herrington Road Lawrenceville Georgia 30044CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 962-3546
- Fmc Tucker5.27 miles away4845 Lavista Road Tucker Georgia 30084Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 491-7177
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc6 miles away4455 Stone Mountain Hwy Lilburn Georgia 30047Dialysis Stations: 21 (678) 344-1586
- Nephron Corporation6.68 miles away605 Old Norcross Road Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Dialysis Stations: 21 (770) 513-0927
- Nephron Corporation6.86 miles away3770 Howell Ferry Road Duluth Georgia 30096Dialysis Stations: 15 (678) 495-0420