Pruitthealth - Fleming Island is an average-sized nursing home in Fleming Island, Florida. With an A overall grade, we rated this facility in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the nation. You simply can't do any better than this nursing home. If you look below, you can see this nursing home's category grades, which are also impressive.
Pruitthealth - Fleming Island
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
2040 Town Center Blvd,
Fleming Island FL 32003
73.29% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall score, we awarded this facility an elite grade of A+ for its short-term care grade. In forming these short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to formulate a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Remarkably, this nursing home provides about 50% more services from physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. This is a very favorable sign. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. On top of excelling in the area of physical therapy, we found that it fared as well as just about any nursing home in the country with 60.9 percent of its residents returning home. Most facilities are below 50 percent in this statistic.
This facility also received an A+ inspection score, making it one of the rare places to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we were able to find deficiency data for this facility. We would like to have more data for this nursing home. Without having all of the information regarding deficiencies, it ended up being a challenge to grade it in the inspections category.
Does this page answer your questions about Pruitthealth - Fleming Island?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. Our nursing score focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This facility provided 5.1 hours of nursing care per patient each day, which is among the better figures in the country. A significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are one of the most skilled levels of nurses. We are really impressed by both of these statistics. On top of looking at levels of nursing care, we also looked at a few quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these statistics as reliable measures of the caliber of nursing care offered, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this nursing home was awarded a high-end long-term care rating. We awarded it a grade of B+ in this category, topping off one of our finer profiles. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. After considering the significant amount of nursing care provided by this facility, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the nursing home's number of hospitalizations. While it had 3.16 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score was middle of the road since it had more complicated patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pruitthealth - Fleming Island Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 9.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 95.03% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 13.16% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pruitthealth - Fleming Island, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Ascension St Vincent's Clay CountyAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away1670 St Vincents Way Middleburg Florida 32068Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 602-1000
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 8.84 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 14.26 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 15.47 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 15.74 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 16.33 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 18.38 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Fleming Island Dialysis0.69 miles away4575 Us Hwy 17 Unit 301 Fleming Island Florida 32003Dialysis Stations: 12 (904) 215-2476
- Fresenius Kidney Care Clay County3.9 miles away400 College Dr Bldg 400 Middleburg Florida 32068Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 272-9514
- Northeast Florida Dialysis Center5.61 miles away2141 Loch Rand Blvd #113 Orange Park Florida 32073CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 272-7331
- Fresenius Kidney Care Orange Park North5.61 miles away2010 Wells Pond Court Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 264-1101
- Orange Park Kidney Center5.73 miles away2061 Professional Center Dr Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 276-3311
- Ara Collins Road Dialysis Center8.12 miles away6196 Lake Gray Blvd Suite 112 Jacksonville Florida 32244Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 772-0933
- Clay County Dialysis8.71 miles away1784 Blanding Blvd Suite #4 Middleburg Florida 32068Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 291-1537
- Middleburg Dialysis LLC8.82 miles away2070 Palmetto St Suite 9 Middleburg Florida 32068Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 406-5560