Pruitthealth - Decatur is a large nursing home located in Decatur, Georgia. Sporting an overall rating of D, this is a relatively poor nursing home. In our view, we'd struggle to recommend this nursing home. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Pruitthealth - Decatur
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this facility favorably overall, we did give it an excellent score in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of A+. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid places with a list of severe deficiencies flagged. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even with this deficiency, this was still a relatively favorable inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its second best category grade in the category of short-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of C in this area, which is a respectable grade. In forming these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Pruitthealth - Decatur?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Our nursing grade is based on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was long-term care, in which this facility was given an abysmal score in this area as well. We gave it an F for this category, which is obviously a major disappointment. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated 75.59808 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be quite a few points lower than the national average. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pruitthealth - Decatur Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients which suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who have experienced a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 5.28% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 93.36% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pruitthealth - Decatur, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Decatur, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Decatur, Georgia has 5 other nursing homes
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Emory Hillandale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away2801 Dekalb Medical Parkway Lithonia Georgia 30058Government - Hospital District or Authority(404) 501-8040
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 7.32 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Emory Dialysis LLC0.94 miles away2726 Candler Road Decatur Georgia 30034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (404) 778-1025
- Decatur Dialysis Center2.66 miles away1987 Candler Rd Decatur Georgia 30032CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 286-1700
- Mcafee Dialysis2.66 miles away1987 Candler Rd Suite C Decatur Georgia 30032CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (404) 284-8596
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.76 miles away2540 Flat Shoals Road Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 991-6479
- East Dekalb Dialysis3.06 miles away2853 Candler Road, Suite 203 Decatur Georgia 30034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (404) 241-0402
- Eastlake Dialysis3.18 miles away1757 Candler Road Se Decatur Georgia 30032CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 289-2313
- Odiorne Dialysis4.47 miles away2460 Wesley Chapel Rd, Ste 25d Decatur Georgia 30035Dialysis Stations: 18 (770) 987-1439
- Ellenwood Dialysis Center4.56 miles away209 Bennette Blvd Ellenwood Georgia 30294Dialysis Stations: 16 (678) 289-0963