With an address in Austell, Georgia, Pruitthealth - Austell is one of just three nursing homes in the area. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade in this range requires solid marks in most areas. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this facility. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Pruitthealth - Austell
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
1700 Mulkey Rd,
Austell GA 30106
88.87% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this nursing home also received a grade of B for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this area. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. One reason for this facility's strong score in this category is that it provides more care with registered nurses to its residents than the average nursing home. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from this facility. This place performed better than most facilities in this area with 52 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Pruitthealth - Austell?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its next most favorable category grade in the area of long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of B- in this category, which is a decent score. With our long-term care rating, we assess the quantity of care offered by a nursing home, along with a series of quality metrics. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 95.63954 percent of its residents. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Although it had 2.27 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted metric was better than most facilities since it had more complex patients.
The next area we graded was nursing. We awarded it a C in this area. This is not a bad grade in this category. When computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we weigh the amount of time nurses are with residents as well as the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, our nursing ratings also consider some quality-focused statistics. We look at the percent of residents who suffered pressure ulcers and major falls. Sometimes these data points are decent indicators of the quality of nursing care, since superior care can reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pruitthealth - Austell Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 10.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 18.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents which are administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 5.36% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 93.3% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 23.16% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 23.16 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 11.64 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pruitthealth - Austell, 69.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Wellstar Kennestone HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away677 Church Street Marietta Georgia 30060Government - Hospital District or Authority(770) 793-5000
- Wellstar Paulding HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away2518 Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway Hiram Georgia 30141Voluntary non-profit - Other(470) 644-7000
- Wellstar Douglas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away8954 Hospital Drive Douglasville Georgia 30134Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 949-1500
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.55 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 13.92 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.6 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.68 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Cobb Dialysis0.12 miles away3865 Medical Park Drive Austell Georgia 30106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (770) 941-3898
- Colonial Springs Dialysis0.94 miles away2840 East West Connector Suite 350 Austell Georgia 30106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (770) 222-2236
- Fresenius Kidney Care Mableton3.03 miles away1380 Veterans Memorial Hwy Sw Mableton Georgia 30126Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 485-1773
- Fmc Dialysis Services South Cobb3.65 miles away1886 Stallion Parkway Austell Georgia 30106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (770) 944-3237
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc.3.65 miles away3602 Marathon Circle Austell Georgia 30106Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 222-0253
- Davita Macland Dialysis3.79 miles away4110 Austell Powder Springs Rd ste100 Powder Springs Georgia 30127Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 439-8775
- Reliant Renal Care Georgia, LLC4.84 miles away1720 Powder Springs Rd Marietta Georgia 30064Dialysis Stations: 17 (678) 402-6048
- Sweetwater Dialysis6.15 miles away7117 S Sweetwater Road Lithia Springs Georgia 30122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (678) 945-3600