Providence Point is a facility located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania which has a population of 687,276 people. We gave this facility an overall score of A- which is world class overall grade. As a result, it is ranked among the better facilities in Pittsburgh, which features some very good nursing homes. We can't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its grades are as good as they get. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile was its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
200 Adams Ave,
Pittsburgh PA 15243
63.96% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Best Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor dings are not the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Providence Point?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. We weighed the skill-level of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses spent with residents, in calculating our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning patients more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a decent grade of C. This actually ended up being this nursing home's worst area. Our long-term care ratings are pivotal for individuals looking for personal care. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 97.93815 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than the average nursing home. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Providence Point Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Providence Point, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Providence Point, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who experienced a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Providence Point, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Providence Point, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Providence Point, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Providence Point, 3.3% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Providence Point, 86.27% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Providence Point, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Providence Point, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Providence Point, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Providence Point, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Providence Point, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Pittsburgh, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has 12 other nursing homes
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.13 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 6.74 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 7.89 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.05 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.46 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Liberty Dialysis - Banksville3.08 miles away2875 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (412) 343-3060
- Davita - Bethel Park3.18 miles away6000 Alicia Drive Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 4 (412) 833-2612
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Banksville3.2 miles away2727 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (412) 341-7410
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Hills3.99 miles away4651 Library Road Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 835-1229
- Total Renal Care Inc6.13 miles away5888 Steubenville Pike, Suite 4 Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Dialysis Stations: 5 (412) 787-0314
- Ara - Dialysis Unit at Ohio Valley Hospital LLC6.13 miles awayMedical Arts Building 27 Heckel Road, Suite 113 Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 331-2423
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Ohio Valley6.13 miles awayRobinson Plaza, Building #3 Route 60, Suite 110 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15205CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (412) 494-6902
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Three Rivers6.77 miles away1401 Forbes Avenue, Suite 250 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 281-8233