Providence Pine Meadows is an average-sized facility located in Lexington, Kentucky. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road grade. Based on our ratings, there are definitely much worse facilities out there. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Providence Pine Meadows
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A+ in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home received its next best category grade in the area of long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of B- in this area, which is a respectable score. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated 90.57591 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly less than the national average. Nevertheless, this nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Providence Pine Meadows?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its short-term care score. Short-term care grades are typically employed to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation To have highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. As you might expect, we found that this facility provides significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 3 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
The next category we scored is nursing. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this category, which is a bottom of the barrel grade. This is clearly a major disappointment. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of skill of those nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were far below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Providence Pine Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Providence Pine Meadows, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Providence Pine Meadows, 3.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Providence Pine Meadows, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Providence Pine Meadows, 16.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Providence Pine Meadows, 28.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Providence Pine Meadows, 8.14% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Providence Pine Meadows, 89.73% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Providence Pine Meadows, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Providence Pine Meadows, 21.86% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Providence Pine Meadows, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Providence Pine Meadows, 21.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Providence Pine Meadows, 13.2 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Providence Pine Meadows, 72.02% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Lexington, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lexington, Kentucky has 13 other nursing homes
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.71 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 2.19 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- Georgetown Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.76 miles away1140 Lexington Road Georgetown Kentucky 40324Proprietary(502) 868-1100
- Bluegrass Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 10.34 miles away360 Amsden Avenue Versailles Kentucky 40383Proprietary(859) 873-3111
- Clark Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.44 miles away175 Hospital Drive Winchester Kentucky 40391Proprietary(859) 737-8559
- Davita - Kentucky Home Training2.25 miles away2130 Nicholasville Road, Suite 5 Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 6 (859) 277-9911
- Dci - Lexington2.53 miles away100 Venture Court Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 32 (859) 252-7712
- Dci - South Lexington2.53 miles away2374 Professional Heights Dr. Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 23 (859) 967-0400
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East4.33 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Fmc - Lexington North5.69 miles away1610 Leestown Rd., Suite 180 Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 25 (859) 254-0671
- Fmc - Nalco Home Program5.79 miles away3284 Eagle View Drive Suite 120 Lexington Kentucky 40509Dialysis Stations: 3 (859) 299-3379
- Fmc- Lexington Southwest5.88 miles away978 Chas Drive Lexington Kentucky 40515Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 260-1706
- Fmc- Lexington South Dialysis6.02 miles away171 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 264-7775