Jurupa Hills Post Acute is a nursing home located in Riverside, California which has a population of 419,138 people. With an overall rating of D, this is a subpar nursing home. In our grading scheme, this is ranked as one of the bottom five rated facilities in Riverside. With so many other facilities in the city, you may simply want to look elsewhere. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection score. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Jurupa Hills Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Diabetes Management
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B for our inspections category. This score is much better than the place's overall grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's long-term care score appears to be one of its higher scores. The nursing home received a C in this area. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable datapoint. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Jurupa Hills Post Acute?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is short-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a C in this area. With our short-term care score, we endeavor to craft a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Switching gears to our next category, we awarded this facility a grade of D for the area of nursing. This is the facility's least impressive category rating. When calculating our nursing ratings, we factor in both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. With just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this facility's nurse staffing levels were far below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jurupa Hills Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 4.64% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jurupa Hills Post Acute, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Riverside, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Riverside, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 4.2 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.66 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Davita-Jurupa Valley Dialysis3.31 miles away8080 Limonite Avenue Riverside California 92509Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 361-9405
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center3.31 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700
- Fmc-Rai-Juniper Ave-Fontana3.88 miles away10557 Juniper Avenue, Suite B Fontana California 92337CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 854-4336
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Fontana5.61 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 9985 Sierra Avenue Mob-3 Fontana California 92335Dialysis Stations: 5 (909) 427-4253
- Davita-Colton Ranch Dialysis5.75 miles away1405 Valley Blvd., Suite 100 Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 783-7948
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center5.85 miles away400 N. Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Dialysis Stations: 8 (909) 580-3911
- Fmc-Rai-Care Centers of Colton, LLC6.02 miles away1275 W. "C" Street Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 430-0930
- Davita-Fontana Dialysis6.56 miles away17590 Foothill Blvd. Fontana California 92335CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 356-9664