Providence Mount St Vent is located in Seattle, Washington, which appears to have more than 25 nursing homes. This is a good facility with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Seattle. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this place. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care score, which you can find in the next section.
Providence Mount St Vent
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4831 35th Avenue Southwest,
Seattle WA 98126
71.06% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home fared well in our short-term care category. We awarded it an A for that category. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
This facility really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are largely tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Providence Mount St Vent?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third highest category is long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Long-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's volume of care. This means a broad range of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility provided the vaccine to 96.84418 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable datapoint. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning the last category of inspections, we gave this nursing home a C for this category. We believe that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This place was assessed 6 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This means inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent danger to patient safety or health. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Providence Mount St Vent Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Providence Mount St Vent, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Providence Mount St Vent, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Providence Mount St Vent, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Providence Mount St Vent, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Providence Mount St Vent, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Providence Mount St Vent, 13.74% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing signs of depression. High rates of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Providence Mount St Vent, 93.71% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Providence Mount St Vent, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Providence Mount St Vent, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Providence Mount St Vent, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Providence Mount St Vent, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Providence Mount St Vent, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Providence Mount St Vent, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Seattle, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Seattle, Washington has 25 other nursing homes
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.25 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.23 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 8.56 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- Nkc Burien Kidney Center0.83 miles away12901 20th Ave South Seattle Washington 98168CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (206) 923-3562
- Westwood Dialysis Center2.41 miles away2615 Sw Trenton St Seattle Washington 98126Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 938-6738
- Nkc Broadway Kidney Center4.35 miles away700 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (206) 292-2705
- Nkc Seattle Kidney Center4.51 miles away548 15th Ave Seattle Washington 98122Dialysis Stations: 38 (206) 720-3940
- Nkc Elliott Bay Kidney Center4.71 miles away600 Broadway, Suite 240 Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 292-2515
- Olympic View Dialysis Center6.58 miles away125 16th Ave E, Csb-5 Seattle Washington 98112CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (206) 323-8900
- Nkc Seatac Kidney Center8.54 miles away17900 International Blvd Ste 301 Seattle Washington 98188CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (206) 901-8700
- Nkc Renton Kidney Center8.72 miles away602 Oakesdale Ave Sw Renton Washington 98057CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (425) 251-0647