Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center is located in Rockaway Park, New York. The city has a population of 20,408 people. Featuring an overall score of C, this appears to be a decent nursing home. Based on our analysis, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. The best part of this place's report card is its exemplary inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Rockaway Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent health inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this category. Our inspection ratings are based on several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category grades was in the area of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. It actually fared better than most facilities in this area. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.57326 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center?
Next we wanted to quickly point out one of this facility's major weaknesses. In the area of nursing care, we gave this nursing home a lowly grade of F. There are several criteria included in this grade. Most of these datapoints relate to nurse staffing. This facility averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these datapoints to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive area is short-term care, which is the final category we assessed. Unfortunately, we gave it an F in this category. In spite of a few solid grades in other areas, this grade is nevertheless of a concern so we felt obligated to draw your attention to it. With our short-term care assessment, we seek to forge a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Considering its grade in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this facility was well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the data we looked at. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics sunk this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 19.02% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 1.35% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 9.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 51.02% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients showing signs of depression. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 98.92% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 11.05% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 4.73% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Many argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 4.73% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 14.05% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 71.8% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St John's Episcopal Hospital at South ShoreAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away327 Beach 19th Street Far Rockaway New York 11691Voluntary non-profit - Church(718) 869-7000
- New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away2525 Kings Highway Brooklyn New York 11229Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 692-5302
- Brookdale Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away1 Brookdale Plaza Brooklyn New York 11212Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 240-5966
- Coney Island Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away2601 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn New York 11235Government - Local(718) 616-3000
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away585 Schenectady Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 604-5789
- University Hospital of Brooklyn ( Downstate )Acute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away445 Lenox Road Brooklyn New York 11203Government - State(718) 270-1000
- Kings County Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away451 Clarkson Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Government - Local(718) 245-3901
- Jamaica Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away89th Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway Richmond Hill New York 11418Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 262-6000
- Marjorie Basser Dialysis Center4.46 miles awaySt. John's Episcopal Hospital 327 Beach 19th Street, Dialysis Unit Far Rockaway New York 11691Dialysis Stations: 15 (718) 869-7637
- Rockaway Hd LLC4.48 miles away529 Beach 20th Street Far Rockaway New York 11691Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 327-4503
- Peninsula Continuum Services LLC4.91 miles away50-15 Beach Channel Drive Far Rockaway New York 11691Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 734-2190
- Davita South Brooklyn Nephrology Center4.99 miles away3915 Avenue v, Suite 104 Brooklyn New York 11234CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (718) 252-8440
- New York Akc, Inc5.54 miles away2701 Emmons Avenue Brooklyn New York 11235CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 62 (718) 769-4100
- Four Seasons Dialysis Center LLC.5.55 miles away1170 East 98th Street Brooklyn New York 11236CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 223-2100
- Rogosin Institute-Nephrology Foundation of Brooklyn East6.33 miles away2372 Linden Boulevard Brooklyn New York 11208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (646) 317-0720
- Davita Sheephead Bay Renal Care Center6.35 miles away26 Brighton 11th Street Brooklyn New York 11235CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 743-5955