Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center is located in Rockaway Park, New York. The city has a population of 20,408 people. Featuring an overall score of C, this appears to be a decent nursing home. Based on our analysis, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. The best part of this place's report card is its exemplary inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent health inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this category. Our inspection ratings are based on several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category grades was in the area of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. It actually fared better than most facilities in this area. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.69559 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Another concern is the F this facility received in the category of short-term care. In forming these short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this place offers significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
The final category we rated was nursing, which proved to be this nursing home's least impressive category. We gave it an abysmal F in this category, which is obviously a major concern. Nursing scores are primarily based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This number is well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these data points to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which sustained UTI's. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 13.2% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 91.26% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Many argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Promenade Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St John's Episcopal Hospital at South ShoreAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away327 Beach 19th Street Far Rockaway New York 11691Voluntary non-profit - Church(718) 869-7000
- New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away2525 Kings Highway Brooklyn New York 11229Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 692-5302
- Brookdale Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away1 Brookdale Plaza Brooklyn New York 11212Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 240-5966
- Coney Island Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away2601 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn New York 11235Government - Local(718) 616-3000
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away585 Schenectady Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 604-5789
- University Hospital of Brooklyn ( Downstate )Acute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away445 Lenox Road Brooklyn New York 11203Government - State(718) 270-1000
- Kings County Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away451 Clarkson Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Government - Local(718) 245-3901
- Jamaica Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away89th Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway Richmond Hill New York 11418Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 262-6000
- Marjorie Basser Dialysis Center4.46 miles awaySt. John's Episcopal Hospital 327 Beach 19th Street, Dialysis Unit Far Rockaway New York 11691Dialysis Stations: 15 (718) 869-7637
- Rockaway Hd LLC4.48 miles away529 Beach 20th Street Far Rockaway New York 11691Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 327-4503
- Peninsula Continuum Services LLC4.91 miles away50-15 Beach Channel Drive Far Rockaway New York 11691Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 734-2190
- Davita South Brooklyn Nephrology Center4.99 miles away3915 Avenue v, Suite 104 Brooklyn New York 11234CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (718) 252-8440
- New York Akc, Inc5.54 miles away2701 Emmons Avenue Brooklyn New York 11235CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 62 (718) 769-4100
- Four Seasons Dialysis Center LLC.5.55 miles away1170 East 98th Street Brooklyn New York 11236CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 223-2100
- Rogosin Institute-Nephrology Foundation of Brooklyn East6.33 miles away2372 Linden Boulevard Brooklyn New York 11208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (646) 317-0720
- Davita Sheephead Bay Renal Care Center6.35 miles away26 Brighton 11th Street Brooklyn New York 11235CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 743-5955