Princeton Transitional Care & Assisted Living is one of four facilities in Johnson City, Tennessee. With an overall rating of A, this is without a doubt an elite nursing home. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it as one of the 25 best nursing homes in Tennessee. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category grades, which are also strong. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Princeton Transitional Care & Assisted Living
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Johnson City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Johnson City, Tennessee Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Johnson City, Tennessee Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Johnson City, Tennessee Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall rating, this facility also earned an A+ inspection score. This is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can offer a facility. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we graded this nursing home so favorably is that it received an A+ short-term care score. This is just about as dominant as it gets in this area. Our short-term care grade is typically used to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Princeton Transitional Care & Assisted Living ?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. We analyzed the skill-level of nurses working for the facility, as well as the quantity of time those nurses worked with residents, in calculating our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning patients at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was long-term care. This facility received an above average nursing score in our assessment, with a B. Although this was not quite as dominant as some of its other scores, this remains one of the more favorable grades for that area. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Princeton Transitional Care & Assisted Living Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Princeton Transitional Care & Assisted Living , 11.68 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Princeton Transitional Care & Assisted Living , 74.44% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Johnson City, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Johnson City, Tennessee has 3 other nursing homes
- Franklin Woods Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.91 miles away300 Med Tech Parkway Johnson City Tennessee 37604Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 302-1120
- Johnson City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away400 N State of Franklin Rd Johnson City Tennessee 37604Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 431-6111
- Sycamore Shoals HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away1501 West Elk Avenue Elizabethton Tennessee 37643Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 542-1300
- Indian Path Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.91 miles away2000 Brookside Dr Kingsport Tennessee 37660Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 431-1941
- Unicoi County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.51 miles away2030 Temple Hill Road Erwin Tennessee 37650Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 743-3141
- Holston Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.13 miles away130 West Ravine Road Kingsport Tennessee 37662Voluntary non-profit - Private(423) 224-4000
- Tn Smokie Mountain Dialysis1.54 miles away2320 Knob Creek Road Suite 408 Johnson City Tennessee 37604Dialysis Stations: 2 (423) 232-1969
- Fmc Johnson City1.79 miles away100 Technology Lane Johnson City Tennessee 37604Dialysis Stations: 17 (423) 929-7181
- Davita Tennessee Valley Dial Cntr3.38 miles away107 Woodlawn Dr Suite 100 Johnson City Tennessee 37604CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (423) 926-2976
- Fmc Elizabethton6.9 miles away1210 Militia Court Elizabethton Tennessee 37643Dialysis Stations: 13 (423) 542-8208
- Fmc Kingsport15.85 miles away2002 Brookside Drive Suite 101 Kingsport Tennessee 37660CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (423) 245-6464
- Fmc Bristol19.29 miles away2530 W. State St Bristol Tennessee 37620Dialysis Stations: 16 (423) 764-4044
- Fmc West Kingsport19.47 miles away3600 Netherland Inn Road Kingsport Tennessee 37660CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (423) 230-0461