Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center is one of four facilities located in Gresham, Oregon. With an overall grade of B, this appears to be a good nursing home. Based on our assessment, this place has quite a bit going for it. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care score, which we will address in the next section.
Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of A. In crafting our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility an A-. When computing our nursing scores, we look at both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it excelled in inspections, with a B in that category. It performed better than most nursing homes in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care, which is this facility's weakest area. We awarded this nursing home a D in that category. Of course, this score pulled down the facility's overall profile a bit. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.72611 percent of its patients, which is an above average total. Surprisingly, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center, 8.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center, 12.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center, 5.65% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center, 92.57% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center, 22.07% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center, 22.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gresham Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation Center, 75.47% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Gresham, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Gresham, Oregon has 3 other nursing homes
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.55 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.15 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.3 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 12.52 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Gresham Dialysis Center0.49 miles away1360 E Powell Blvd Gresham Oregon 97030CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 465-1650
- Davita Gresham Station Dialysis0.98 miles away878 Nw Burnside Rd Gresham Oregon 97030Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 465-1068
- Fmc Dialysis Mt Hood1.27 miles away23335 Se Stark St Gresham Oregon 97030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (503) 465-0424
- Portland Gateway Dialysis5.87 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic6.13 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Dialysis Center6.24 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Fmc Maywood Park7.06 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Foster Powell Dialysis8.01 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780