Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds is located in Edmonds, Washington, a city with a population of 54,225 people. This is a great facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong score. Based on our assessment, this facility looks like a good fit for quite a few people. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its nursing score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. We analyzed the skill-level of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses spent with residents, in determining our rating in this area. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving a resident more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given impressive marks in the category of short-term care as well. Consequently, it received one of our best grades in that area with a score of A. With our short-term care rating, we try to craft a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. Our inspection ratings are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 10 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is long-term care. We gave this nursing home a solid score in that area, with a C. Even though this wasn't on par with some of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless not a poor grade. Our long-term care grades are more important for people in need of more traditional services associated with activities of daily living. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which have suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of poor nursing care. However, this statistic can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 13.74% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 93.71% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' health.
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center - Edmonds, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 10.34 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.22 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.84 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.92 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Puget Sound Kc South2.05 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center4.71 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Davita Lynnwood Dialysis5.36 miles away13619 Mukilteo Speedway Ste D-1 Lynnwood Washington 98037Dialysis Stations: 3 (425) 741-3616
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center5.81 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center7.06 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090
- Everett Dialysis Center9.47 miles away8130 Evergreen Way Ste C Everett Washington 98203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (425) 353-6036
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center9.73 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis10.72 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985