Located in Camas, Washington, Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas is the only option we found in the area. We gave this facility an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top quarter of all facilities in the country. We really couldn't find many negative things to say about this place. Its ratings are just impeccable. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card is its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. We analyzed the qualifications of nurses working for the facility, as well as the quantity of time those nurses were with residents, in determining our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was given an impressive grade of A- in our short-term care area. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we size up a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is often a useful measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our higher scores in our long-term care category as well, with a B+. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.386505 percent of its patients, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Wrapping up its impressive profile, this nursing home also performed well in the area of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with a B+. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas, 13.74% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas, 93.71% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is critical to residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Prestige Care & Rehabilitation - Camas, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.01 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.03 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.51 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 14.88 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Fmc Dialysis Mt Hood4.9 miles away23335 Se Stark St Gresham Oregon 97030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (503) 465-0424
- Davita Gresham Station Dialysis5.62 miles away878 Nw Burnside Rd Gresham Oregon 97030Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 465-1068
- Pnrs Ft Vancouver6.04 miles away312 Se Stonemill Dr Suite 150 Vancouver Washington 98684CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 254-2323
- Gresham Dialysis Center6.32 miles away1360 E Powell Blvd Gresham Oregon 97030CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 465-1650
- Fmc Maywood Park6.49 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Portland Gateway Dialysis7.48 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic7.76 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Dialysis Center8.59 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019