Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Featuring an overall grade of B-, this looks like a middle of the pack facility. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Virginia Beach. The best part of this place's report card is is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Virginia Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection grade. Its inspection grade was far better than its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave it a grade of A-. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's better category grades came in the area of short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B+. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B in that category, which is one of our better. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 92.19512 percent of its residents. This is a few points less than we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final category we looked at is nursing, which is this facility's least impressive area. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this category, which is certainly very concerning. Nursing grades are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This facility offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 8.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who had a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.25% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 15.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 19.63% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 5.07% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 88.92% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 17.15% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 18.14% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.38 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 18.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 12.25 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Press Anne Health & Rehabilitation Center, 74.96% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Virginia Beach, VA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Virginia Beach, Virginia has 5 other nursing homes
- Sentara Virginia Beach General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away1060 First Colonial Road Virginia Beach Virginia 23454Voluntary non-profit - Other(757) 395-8000
- Sentara Leigh HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away830 Kempsville Road Norfolk Virginia 23502Voluntary non-profit - Other(757) 261-6700
- Chesapeake General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away736 Battlefield Blvd, North Chesapeake Virginia 23320Government - Hospital District or Authority(757) 312-8121
- Nmc PortsmouthAcute Care - Department of Defense 12.76 miles away620 John Paul Jones Circle Portsmouth Virginia 23708Department of Defense(757) 953-5008
- Childrens Hospital of the Kings Daughters IncChildrens 13.11 miles away601 Children's Lane Norfolk Virginia 23507Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 668-9647
- Sentara Norfolk General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.22 miles away600 Gresham Dr Norfolk Virginia 23507Voluntary non-profit - Other(757) 388-3000
- Bon Secours Depaul Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.6 miles away150 Kingsley Lane Norfolk Virginia 23505Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 889-5000
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.84 miles away3636 High Street Portsmouth Virginia 23707Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 398-2200
- Fresenius Medical Care Nimmo Parkway1.73 miles away2476 Nimmo Parkway Suite 109 Virginia Beach Virginia 23456Dialysis Stations: 17 (757) 430-1936
- Princess Anne Dialysis3.31 miles away3973 Holland Rd Virginia Beach Virginia 23452CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (757) 340-3526
- Fmc - Virginia Beach4.22 miles away525 S Independence Blvd Ste 150 Virginia Beach Virginia 23452CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (757) 687-7902
- Oceana Dialysis5.17 miles away1375 Oceana Boulevard Suite 114 Virginia Beach Virginia 23454Dialysis Stations: 17 (757) 963-8521
- Davita Kempsville Dialysis5.54 miles away1920 Centerville Turnpike Suite 122 Virginia Beach Virginia 23464Dialysis Stations: 17 (757) 502-0360
- Stines Dialysis LLC6.45 miles away230 Clearfield Ave Ste 106 Virginia Beach Virginia 23462Dialysis Stations: 12 (757) 518-9439
- Davita - Virginia Beach6.56 miles away740 Independence Cir Virginia Beach Virginia 23455CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (757) 499-1301
- Fmc - First Colonial6.95 miles away933 First Colonial Rd Suite 112 Virginia Beach Virginia 23454Dialysis Stations: 21 (757) 428-1869