Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center is a large non-profit nursing home located in Brighton, Massachusetts. This facility received an A- overall, which is an elite rating. We flat out can't say enough favorable things about this facility. This nursing home also received strong grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned an impressive grade in inspections. Inspections turned out to be its best category. In that category, we gave this nursing home an A. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To add to its strong assessments in other areas, we gave this facility a score of A- for its long-term care score. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 96 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. The nursing rating considers a host of subcategories. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Massachusetts in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth area we analyzed was short-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a B+. This topped off an elite profile. Few facilities received a B+ or higher in in each area we assessed. Short-term care grades are often employed to score a facility's rehabilitation services. To offer quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this metric can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 1.95% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 91.63% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Presentation Rehab and Skilled Care Center, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.1 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.32 miles away330 Brookline Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 667-7000
- Brigham and Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 732-5500
- Boston Children's HospitalChildrens 3.42 miles away300 Longwood Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 735-6000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.25 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston0.67 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis2.6 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Kidney Center2.82 miles away888 Commonwealth Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 739-3000
- Davita Brookline Dialysis2.85 miles away322 Washington Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (617) 734-7794
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham2.96 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Brigham and Women's Hospital4.09 miles awayDialysis Unit 75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115Dialysis Stations: 7 (617) 732-6130
- Children's Hospital Boston4.09 miles awayDialysis Unit, Farley Four 300 Longwood Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02115Dialysis Stations: 7 (617) 355-7631
- Dci Brigham/Faulkner4.12 miles awayDci Brigham/Faulkner 1153 Centre Street, Belkin House Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 983-4470