Villa Franciscan Place is in Joliet, Illinois. With an overall score of A-, this facility is one of the more impressive facilities we looked at. Not surprisingly, this proved to be radically superior to most of the facilities in the city. The best part of this facility's impressive report card is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section
Villa Franciscan Place
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received an A. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing grade is largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Villa Franciscan Place?
Moving on to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent government inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category. Inspection grades are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of B-. Even though this is its poorest category rating, this is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. Our long-term care grades are more critical for residents needing more traditional assistance related to personal care. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were a bit worried that this facility administered the vaccine to a relatively low 88.77551 percent of its patients. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Villa Franciscan Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Villa Franciscan Place, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Villa Franciscan Place, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Villa Franciscan Place, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Villa Franciscan Place, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Villa Franciscan Place, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Villa Franciscan Place, 30.45% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Villa Franciscan Place, 87.4% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Villa Franciscan Place, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Villa Franciscan Place, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Villa Franciscan Place, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Villa Franciscan Place, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Villa Franciscan Place, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Villa Franciscan Place, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Joliet, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Joliet, Illinois has 8 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.49 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.33 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Morris Hospital & Healthcare CentersAcute Care Hospitals 18.49 miles away150 W High St Morris Illinois 60450Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 942-2932
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.37 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Sun Health0.26 miles away2121 Oneida St Suite 104 Joliet Illinois 60435Dialysis Stations: 17 (815) 725-7886
- Davita - West Joliet1.65 miles away1051 Essington Road Suite 160 Joliet Illinois 60435CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (815) 725-3275
- Affiliated Dialysis of Joliet2.65 miles away1352 Houbolt Rd Joliet Illinois 60431Dialysis Stations: 1 (815) 630-5530
- Fmc - Joliet3.82 miles away721 East Jackson Street Joliet Illinois 60432CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (815) 726-8619
- Fmc - Plainfield5.08 miles away2320 Michas Drive Plainfield Illinois 60586Dialysis Stations: 15 (815) 230-2267
- Fmc - Plainfield North7.31 miles away24024 West Riverwalk Ct Plainfield Illinois 60544Dialysis Stations: 10 (815) 577-2898
- Davita - Renal Care Center New Lenox7.93 miles away1890 Silver Cross Blvd Suite 150 New Lenox Illinois 60451CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (815) 320-3049
- Davita - New Lenox Home8 miles away1890 Silver Cross Blvd Ste 465 New Lenox Illinois 60451Dialysis Stations: 3 (815) 462-3971