Presence Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center is a nursing home located in Chicago, Illinois which has a total of 2,680,484 people. Sporting an overall score of A-, this is clearly a high quality nursing home. Even with Chicago having 81 nursing homes available, this one stands out as a great selection. The best part of this facility's impressive report card was its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Presence Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
1431 North Claremont Avenue,
Chicago IL 60622
Note: Data for Presence Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility received an A+ inspection grade. This is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can offer a nursing home. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. This place was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this nursing home received a high-end score of A in our short-term care category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. It does not look like this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Presence Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. In determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses are seeing patients as well as the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Illinois in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning residents at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, this nursing home also received a very strong long-term care rating, with a grade of B+. This wrapped up a very favorable profile. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Presence Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Presence Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Presence Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.29 miles away2233 W Division St Chicago Illinois 60622Voluntary non-profit - Church(312) 770-2000
- Norwegian-American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.82 miles away1044 N Francisco Ave Chicago Illinois 60622Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 292-8200
- John H Stroger Jr HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.34 miles away1901 W Harrison St Chicago Illinois 60612Government - Local(312) 864-6000
- Rush University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.36 miles away1653 West Congress Parkway Chicago Illinois 60612Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 942-5000
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.71 miles away836 West Wellington Avenue Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 975-1600
- University of Illinois HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away1740 West Taylor St Suite 1400 Chicago Illinois 60612Government - State(312) 996-3900
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away2900 North Lake Shore Drive Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 665-3000
- Ann & Robert H Lurie Childrens Hospital of ChicagoChildrens 3.35 miles away225 E Chicago Ave, Box 140 Chicago Illinois 60611Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 227-4000
- Fkc - West Metro Dialysis0.81 miles away1044 N Mozart 3rd Floor Chicago Illinois 60622CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 772-9400
- Fmc - West Willow1.27 miles away1444 W. Willow St. Chicago Illinois 60642Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 772-4079
- Fresenius Medical Care Summit LLC1.34 miles away1806 W Hubbard Chicago Illinois 60622CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (312) 243-1139
- Davita - Lincoln Park Nephrology Assn, Sc1.38 miles away2484 N. Elston Ave Chicago Illinois 60647CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (773) 278-4403
- Fmc - Humboldt Park1.51 miles away3520 West Grand Ave Chicago Illinois 60651Dialysis Stations: 34 (773) 276-6802
- Davita - Garfield Kidney Center1.56 miles away414 N. Homan Avenue Chicago Illinois 60624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (773) 265-0750
- Dialysis - University of Illinois Hospital1.78 miles away1859 W Taylor , Uimcc Mc 794, Room 1003 Chicago Illinois 60612Dialysis Stations: 24 (312) 355-5865
- Davita - Childrens Dialysis Center1.86 miles away1333 N. Kingsbury Street Chicago Illinois 60642Dialysis Stations: 8 (312) 642-2631